[2012-Feb-21] Jay Garrick

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

ElliePW

[2012-Feb-21] Jay Garrick

Post by ElliePW »

Jay Garrick lives in Keystone City, which is in Kansas, near the Missouri border.

Boorulz

Re: Jay Garrick

Post by Boorulz »

In addition, Flash's suit (even if it leaves parts of his body exposed) prevents him from feeling the heat from the friction.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

These comments definitely improve the joke.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

ElliPw

Post by ElliPw »

Boorulz wrote:In addition, Flash's suit (even if it leaves parts of his body exposed) prevents him from feeling the heat from the friction.
Actually that started with Barry Allen

Jacobe

Post by Jacobe »

If Boomerang man threw a woman off the empire state building, wouldn't she just come right back to him?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Jacobe wrote:If Boomerang man threw a woman off the empire state building, wouldn't she just come right back to him?
It was a failed attempt at romance.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

aitan

Flash question

Post by aitan »

if Flash superheated the air, he himself should have superheat as well.
if he superheated, he should have inflicted 3rd degree burns on the blond in the mini skirt.

so how come she smiles and laughs in the final box?

Dane Raider

Post by Dane Raider »

She's a masochist. Duh.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.

HRiderHaggard

The Flash and orbital speed

Post by HRiderHaggard »

So here's the thing: Low Earth orbit speed is 24,000 miles in 90 minutes, or 16,000 miles per hour. At that speed it takes more than 11 minutes to cross the ~3,000 miles of the continental USA.

But if the Flash runs faster than that, he launches himself into orbit and takes ~90 minutes to return to his launch point.

So just how is he supposed to rescue the falling damsel?

I think he needs to use aerodynamics to keep himself on the ground while traveling at Mach Schnell.

Dane Raider

Post by Dane Raider »

Comic book writers don't use consistent scientific principles. They use the Speed Force.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

HRiderHaggard wrote:So here's the thing: Low Earth orbit speed is 24,000 miles in 90 minutes, or 16,000 miles per hour. At that speed it takes more than 11 minutes to cross the ~3,000 miles of the continental USA.

But if the Flash runs faster than that, he launches himself into orbit and takes ~90 minutes to return to his launch point.

So just how is he supposed to rescue the falling damsel?

I think he needs to use aerodynamics to keep himself on the ground while traveling at Mach Schnell.
A Shameful Understanding Of Orbital Mechanics.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

spookyburrito

Post by spookyburrito »

Dane Raider wrote:Comic book writers don't use consistent scientific principles. They use the Speed Force.
If anything, the speed force is an acknowledgement of our known universal laws. They want to write feats that are impossible on a fundamental level, so instead of ignoring the rules, they came up with a way for their character's power to temporarily bend those rules.

Ian

The Flash

Post by Ian »

I send today's comic to my brother and this is what he had to say:
MMMM, WOW! the makers of that comic are noobs. the speedforce creates an aura around the user that eliminates air friction. thus he would not have been super-heated.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Re: The Flash

Post by Eisbreaker »

There is no such thing as Aura in the field of Thermodynamics.
Also speedforce is equally full of shit.

Yours truly,
- Someone who cares.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Re: The Flash

Post by Kaharz »

Eisbreaker wrote:There is no such thing as Aura in the field of Thermodynamics.
Also speedforce is equally full of shit.

Yours truly,
- Someone who cares.
There is not such thing as "speed force" either I don't think. He is referring to the comic book explanation, not actual physics.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.