[2013-May-16] McDonalds Breakfast 2979

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: 2013-5-16 McDonalds Breakfast 2979

Post by DonRetrasado »

Französisch wrote:
P-Noid wrote:I tried to create a new thread and it told me i need to make an account, so I did...

It didnt even offer me to use a Guest-Function or anything... at least not that I remember...
I believe, that you a new Thread not create can if you a Guest are, but a new Message is wholly feasible. I don't know, what the weird Guest-Function-Restriction-Reason is.
Is this some German-English word-for-word translation?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Today I learned that transliteration is not simply a portmanteau for literal translation. I was going to say that it looked transliterated but now I don't know what the word is for translating 'el horno de tortilla' as 'the oven of tortillas' rather than 'the tortilla oven'.

This post has been paid for by the Look Shit Up Before Posting Council.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I think the best term would be a "literal translation", although I feel that's a misnomer as a word-for-word translation will not necessarily mean literally the same thing. It's also fun to note that transliteration and transcription are also two different things, which confused me when I had to learn to transliterate texts.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

DonRetrasado wrote:
Französisch wrote:
P-Noid wrote:I tried to create a new thread and it told me i need to make an account, so I did...

It didnt even offer me to use a Guest-Function or anything... at least not that I remember...
I believe, that you a new Thread not create can if you a Guest are, but a new Message is wholly feasible. I don't know, what the weird Guest-Function-Restriction-Reason is.
I think it is just English using German sentence structure. Past-perfect tense maybe? My German was never good to begin with and I haven't used it in a decade or so. One of my friend's wives is German and when she would switch back to English again after several hours on the phone with her family speaking German, she would do this for the first few minutes before she'd drift back to English grammar.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

P-Noid

Post by P-Noid »

Kaharz wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:
Französisch wrote: [snip][...][/snip]
I think it is just English using German sentence structure. Past-perfect tense maybe? My German was never good to begin with and I haven't used it in a decade or so. One of my friend's wives is German and when she would switch back to English again after several hours on the phone with her family speaking German, she would do this for the first few minutes before she'd drift back to English grammar.
Yeah, what Französisch (the German word for French btw) used there is a mostly german sentence structure.

Philbert

Post by Philbert »

I came in this morning to get a MacMuffin,
But they said I was too late and they left me with nuthin'.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Philbert wrote:I came in this morning to get a MacMuffin,
But they said I was too late and they left me with nuthin'.
Nuthin' ain't a word.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

This is hands-down the best comic of 2013.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

notfaggot

Post by notfaggot »

Französisch wrote:

White Heterosexual Male privilege

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

BETTER CHECK YOUR PRIVELEGE.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Oh dear.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Französisch

Post by Französisch »

P-Noid wrote:german
CHECK YOUR hYPERCORRECTION

Französisch

Post by Französisch »

notfaggot wrote:White Heterosexual Male privilege
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ I am a beautiful strong black lesbian woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~