Pieces of Stories

I… I don't know! way to put me on the spot!

Moderator: Kimra

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Pieces of Stories

Post by Kimra »

Ahmet: That sounds like a shitty anime plot. Or really bad fanfiction (which is pretty much the same). BUT you can write it. I'm just thinking your readership is going to be really small.

Ash: Sounds like lots of ideas there, and I liked all those titles! : )

Sotic: DR is right, as long as it's 50,000 words you've succeeded. I believe even Nano allows a collection of short stories, or poems, or just about anything. The point isn't to stifle the creativity, just to get words on the page. : ) Also almost everything in writing is made up. If writers had a social life, and interacted with people, they probably wouldn't be at their desk writing half as much. Just saying.

DR: Looking forward to seeing what you put out there. : )
King Prawn

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I just.. really can't see any justification for an actual rape, I mean there's a difference between rape and just pushing the point when she's unsure, or not wanting to but willing to not die by someone elses hand; though in that last one its still pretty damned fucked.

Yes but Kimra, which one sounds the Most interesting? I really am just torn, fishy doom is least likely cause I think its the one I'd fuck up the most trying to do it since to do it properly I'd want to go for a gothic or lovecraftian feel (Classic gothic not "oh I'm so sad" gothic)
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Ash, which one do you have the most ideas for? I recommend sitting down and writing out a page of notes about each of them. Whichever one is the easiest, or the most fun, that's the one you should do.

Man I give good advice, I should try this out myself.
King Prawn

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I've got between 3-25 pages of notes for all of them.

All Of Them. I just can't decide :/
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

You could do something crazy and... no I wont suggest that.

Umm... you could play rock paper scissors against yourself for it. Or ask your son which title sounds best? That could work. Leave the choice in the hands of someone who can't really be blamed.
King Prawn

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Asherian wrote:I mean there's a difference between rape and just pushing the point when she's unsure, or not wanting to but willing to not die by someone elses hand; though in that last one its still pretty damned fucked.
Nope! If there's coercion, it's rape.
Asherian wrote:Rise and Fall - Following an adventuring group in trying to discover the undead queen of a small but violent nation's history so she can be defeated.
I thought that said "Undead queen of a mall". You should write that one.

And make her a mummy.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Topics which should be discussed in this thread:
  • Writing
  • Story ideas
  • Snippets of stories
  • What you're going to do to avoid writing
  • NaNoWriMo
  • How adorable your pet/significant other/child is
Topics which should be discussed in SciPhi:
  • The definition of Rape
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

And just what do you think you're doing?

'cause it looks like you're trying to re-rail a thread.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Ed's right.

The point is anyone can write anything they want, and it doesn't need to be classified, or be 'good', or even tasteful. It can be the most detestable piece of fiction every contrived (good luck with that), but it's still valid and part of Nanowrimo. I wont personally read it, but I'm not promising that with everyones stories anyway so there's no loss or gain from such an endevour.

And on another note:

I am going to write a cheesy vampire story, based off a story I started to write once but never got very far with. I figure that will give me a good starting base for this year. It also means I'll be able to do something else at the same time. Because I'm setting my sights high this year, and aiming for working on two stories, if one is only notes I'm also fine with that. But cheesy vampire story that's better than Twilight, but just as angsty, that's my aim!
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:How adorable your pet/significant other/child is
It's true, my pet/significant other/child is adorable.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

My imaginary pet/significant other/child is better than your real pet/significant other/child any day!
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I had an idea but I made it into a short story and it was really depressing. I had another idea but it was depressing before it even became anything at all. Also the thing I wrote before that was depressing.

I think I should write a story about two rainbows falling in love
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Fuck it, I'm gonna start posting scraps I've found online for campaign ideas. Most of them could probably work for stories as well; after all, what is a campaign but mutual storytelling?
he stalks the party through shadowed alleys, eyes dull and glassy, absentmindedly stroking his (cheap military surplus on clearance buy now for a great deal) rifle. sometimes he blinks repeatedly, as though trying to clear his (aches? pains? migraines? buy tylenol in bulk at bargain basement prices) head, but the gleam of awareness soon dies once more. he creeps up behind the (are you paying too much for vehicle insurance?) wheelman, breathing rhythmic, heart calm, ready to complete a grisly (ask me how to make money from home guaranteed!) job that he isn't even consciously aware of accepting. he raises his rifle, takes aim (for success! business management secrets), and emotionlessly whispers,

"hello sir or madam, I am contacting you from nigeria to request your help with a very urgent matter..."
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm still blinking over that one.
King Prawn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Major Frank Ursa, a 7 foot tall, 600 pound man who only ate salmon or honey and harbored a terrible secret: he was secretly a North American Grizzly Bear

gödel stop spreading fud