Nanowrimo 2013

But what happens next?

Moderator: Kimra

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Nanowrimo 2013

Post by Kimra »

It's one month away. I sat on my hands and didn't mention it sooner. But I have done my time waiting! Twelve years of it!

Nanowrimo 2013 is one month away!
What is it? It's a thing where you strive to write a 50,000 word novel in the span of a month.

Why do I care? Because writing is fun and you should care about fun.

How do I participate? You write. You sit down and write about 1,333 words a day each day in November and you will find that they add up to about 50,000 words. And if you really want you sign up on the website become my friend and I can watch your number increase day in and day out as your awesome shines through.

Why would I participate? Because otherwise, when you die, the god of creativity will paint the sky with your entrails.

But I can't write! Yeah well join the club. It's not about skill, it's about challenging yourself and having fun.

Why were you an ass and not around last year to encourage me/us? I was overseas. Cope with it. I'm not overseas now. I'm just killing myself training up for a charity thing instead.

Why do I ask so many questions? I don't know. You crazy man.

More to come when my free internet time kicks in again!
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: Nanowrimo 2013

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

How are you going to write if you're sitting on your hands all the time?
I will attempt to partussupait.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Epoch Four

Post by Epoch Four »

I did it in 2011! Then I was going to follow up in 2012 but things happened.

And now it's 2013 and I have uni and exams and I've realised that I'm not going to be able to do NaNoWriMo for the next three years.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Epoch Four wrote:I did it in 2011! Then I was going to follow up in 2012 but things happened.

And now it's 2013 and I have uni and exams and I've realised that I'm not going to be able to do NaNoWriMo for the next three years.
What? You're exams go all month? Maybe you should sign on to do a novelette instead. And just write 25k.
King Prawn

Epoch Four

Post by Epoch Four »

Kimra wrote:
Epoch Four wrote:I did it in 2011! Then I was going to follow up in 2012 but things happened.

What? You're exams go all month? Maybe you should sign on to do a novelette instead. And just write 25k.
No, just in the first half of the month. I might do a novella or something like that next year. I'm currently partway through an existing novel, though, so I fear that does rule me out of this year's run.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Epoch Four wrote:No, just in the first half of the month. I might do a novella or something like that next year. I'm currently partway through an existing novel, though, so I fear that does rule me out of this year's run.
Pretty sure you can just keep writing what you're writing. Just don't count the words already written. But whatever, I know excuses when I see them.
King Prawn

Epoch Four

Post by Epoch Four »

Kimra wrote:
Epoch Four wrote:No, just in the first half of the month. I might do a novella or something like that next year. I'm currently partway through an existing novel, though, so I fear that does rule me out of this year's run.
Pretty sure you can just keep writing what you're writing. Just don't count the words already written. But whatever, I know excuses when I see them.
Officially sanctioned excuses, you say?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Epoch Four wrote:Officially sanctioned excuses, you say?
Oh no! I advocated ignoring a rule in favour of trying to get you to write something. Quickly get the cat-o-nine out. You are right. You should do nothing. You shouldn't write anything at all. Because that's better. Well done you. *slow claps*
King Prawn

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

The man knows what he's about.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Epoch Four

Post by Epoch Four »

Kimra wrote:
Epoch Four wrote:Officially sanctioned excuses, you say?
Oh no! I advocated ignoring a rule in favour of trying to get you to write something. Quickly get the cat-o-nine out. You are right. You should do nothing. You shouldn't write anything at all. Because that's better. Well done you. *slow claps*
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Possibly longer.

Didn't realise you were advocating ignoring a rule.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm a rebel! With a cause... or something like that.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Yeah I probably won't be doing it. I'm already procrastinating two assignments, I don't know if I can deal with that much procrastination.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Epoch Four

Post by Epoch Four »

Kimra wrote:I'm a rebel! With a cause... or something like that.
Is your cause... rebelling, perchance?

PyroPrav
The party don't start 'til I chime in

Post by PyroPrav »

You know what?
I might actually participate this year.
They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

PyroPrav wrote:You know what?
I might actually participate this year.
You have been elevated into the realm of awesome. Congratulations, here is your flower crown.
King Prawn