HOWARD PHILLIPS LOVECRAFT

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
HARDKORE
The Heavy

HOWARD PHILLIPS LOVECRAFT

Post by HARDKORE »

This person is good. I always liked the fantasy fiction style that he writes with. There would be no quake without him. He also gave us the necronomicon and that book itself seems to have a cult following. Do any of you all like reading his work?
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: HOWARD PHILLIPS LOVECRAFT

Post by mountainmage »

So that's what HP stands for? Also, wasn't he the guy who gave us Cthulu? If so, awesome; I like that instrumental by Metallica. Plus squid-gods are just awesome.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

It's a cthulu dog! Ha ha, Freeman's Mind is awesome...
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

He gave us lots of neat things. Old deep ones, Dagon, Cthulu, Nyarlothopet (I suck at spelling so god knows if thats right.), ectra. A bevey of cheesy b-class movies have been based on his stories, and some blame him for the modern horror/suspense genre though Poe was doing it first. (And others, Poe's just the only one I can think of who's still known.)

I'm a big fan of his work, though I tend to dig the breaking of the human mind ones more then the creeps and crawls. Not to say I don't love the autre of the creeps and crawls, but a large part of what sets him aside from other authors to me is just the.. snapping of a rational mind and how he portrays it. I mean my personal favorite is Mountains of Madness for the most part, and its a good portion of both sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuN2Rdx_Jg Thinking of Herbert West always makes me want to dance now, stupid prison zombies. (Its from the second movie, on the dvd.)
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

The Dunwich Horror was good. Cthulhu seems to have its own following.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well hey, if people follow the church of flying spaghetti monster*, anything's possible.

*may you be touched by his noodly appendage
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

People also follow Eris based on a pamphlet that tells you to never believe anything you read. I mean its one of the 5 commandments in theory.

-All Hail Discordia!-

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I love golden delicious apples! Yum. Or was that red delicious? There's so many varieties, I forgot which.
Last edited by mountainmage on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Golden Apples and Delicious Apples are technically separate. That being said I love my golden apple, though I'd recommend against doing some things I've seen suggested with it!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

There's definitely a golden delicious apple.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Bah, hybrid freak. Though.. it does sound tasty looking at the descriptions.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

It's called Golden delicious. They kinda aimed for that type of reactions, you know?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

If someone gave me a food item and called it golden delicious, I'd be very suspicious.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Cthulhu is a hybrid freak. Its like 4 or 5 things made into one. Wow. I thought this was going off topic. Anyways the guy who runs the apple orchard around here would probably never read mr lovecraft.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

There's some interesting paper models of Cthulhu floating around out there. Never read anything by Lovecraft, by the way. Just wanted to share one of my old hobbies.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud