Watchmen

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Re: Watchmen

Post by carbonstealer »

I bought a fedora for 5 dollars, and it was not even worth that since I have not worn it once. If I ever need to be a slutty retro british police woman though, I have got the hat for the job. Personally, I feel men wearing fedoras are hit and miss - it either means they are awesome, or the biggest douche in the room
Apocalyptus wrote:I have just... if you have read the ending to Watchmen, just look at this.
I wouldn't say anything about it is funny, but it is just random enough to elicit a giggle of what the hell did my eyes just register
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:I thought the whole point of owning a fedora was to wear it. I honestly can't imagine owning such an awesome hat and not wearing it regularly. Then again, my own taste in hats is questionable, and I'm growing ever more so obsessed with noir style pulp fiction. Also, how is it that fedoras have been brought up in this thread, but not in connection to Rorschach?
I have a fedora, and I don't much care how it looks on me. It was purchased for me as a wedding party gift by the groom. It was cool when we were taking pictures on the day, but I don't care enough to wear it any other time.
I also have a bowler that I wear from time to time. Though it is a tad small for my head, so I have to press it on to have it sit right, and then it is rather tight and uncomfortable.
I also have a Leafs cap, and have realized that I look really redneck with it now that I have a shaved head and scruffy sideburns bordering on mutton chops.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I have a great Humphrey Bogart style trench coat that I found at Goodwill for $20, but for the life of me I can't find a hat to match it.

How am I going to solve all the crimes?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:I have a great Humphrey Bogart style trench coat that I found at Goodwill for $20, but for the life of me I can't find a hat to match it.

How am I going to solve all the crimes?
If you commit them first then you will have plenty of information to solve them!

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

But no one will take you seriously without the hat. The hat is important. Your only option is to time travel and steal the real hat
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I'd say the trench is Far more important then the hat, Sam Spade often went without his hat to better show off his slicked back hair. What kind of detective ever left the house without his trench though?

Also.. I'm so damn jealous you found it for 20 bucks at good will, none of the ones around here ever have decent jackets.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Fedoras are great. It will go well with my goatee.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

carbonstealer wrote:But no one will take you seriously without the hat. The hat is important. Your only option is to time travel and steal the real hat
I'm glad you understand my predicament. But everything was black and white back then! How will I know if it matches?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Take back a modern day camera with you. Obviously. The world was black and white, but if you take pictures with a camera from these days, it colors it. SCIENCE!
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Another win for the unliberal arts. Your other option is of course to turn the entire world black and white, or alternatively, release a virus that corrupts everyone's X chromozones and makes them colour blind.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Everybody colourblind? Sounds like the premise of Fforde's newest series.*

*Seriously, I just heard about this today. Your social/political standing depends on your level of colourblindness. Sounds really cool. Unfortunately the trilogy probably won't be done for another 5 years... SAD FACE.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

How on earth does your level of colourblind-ness demonstrate your ability to rule the world?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Because if you were colourblind, then you'd be able to win the voting majority of all the races.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

There is one fatal flaw in your argument.

You be seeing things in black and white

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Wait, not even grey?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."