Worst Sentence You ever read

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Felstaff
XKCD spy

Re: Worst Sentence You ever read

Post by Felstaff »

Ian Livingston - [i]Return to Firetop Mountain[/i] wrote:The Death Lords look suddenly nervous as you walk towards them with the skull staff in your hand. One of them calls out and they all throw their razor-sharp spheres at you
Man, I hate it when the Death Lords try to outdo physics by making their spheres razor-sharp!
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

The spheres are obviously so smooth that they can cut through anything with their smoothness.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

The man is a co-founder of Games Workshop, what did you expect?
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

...brilliance?

I *like* Games Workshop
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

I don't know about the worst sentence, but the best one I ever read was on a modded TF2 server with a player named "dinosaurs with lasers". The server kept saying things like "dinosaurs with lasers will explode in 10"
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

"...you're dead more often than you're alive..."

In reference to the Battlefield 3 beta. It pretty much sums up a big problem I have with the video game playing population. Being terrible at a game isn't a valid point for why it's a bad game. Which is what this guy was using it for.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

If it were they could claim almost every game was bad

[edit for clarity]I suck at almost every game.* So if being bad at game was a valid criteria for considering the game to be badly made, then I would be able to consider almost all games bad.

*I'm even bad at Mario Party, a game designed to constantly try to level the playing field
Last edited by Kaharz on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I don't get it. What do you mean?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm still flummoxed by a fanfiction I was reading where they described someones "LUSH PUBES".
King Prawn

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Lush is apparently a popular slang term for 'cool' in the UK. My cousin keeps using it and it just sounds stupid to me.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

So it means someone's "cool pubes" I'm not sure I'm with that description either.
King Prawn

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Sahan wrote:Lush is apparently was a popular slang term for 'cool' in the UK in about 1996. For five seconds.
My little brothers (who're from Bristol) still say it, and it's about as hip n' happening as that Zelda rap

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Kimra wrote:I'm still flummoxed by fanfiction.
I think this would have been sufficient.

Seriously though, I would never use the term 'lush pubes' because it just sounds odd. It sounds like a 13 year old trying to be sexually sophisticated, which considering the source, is entirely possible. But lush can mean to 'grow luxuriantly' and 'very sexually attractive.' It still doesn't quite work, but I see where they were trying to go.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Felstaff wrote:
Sahan wrote:Lush is apparently was a popular slang term for 'cool' in the UK in about 1996. For five seconds.
My little brothers (who're from Bristol) still say it, and it's about as hip n' happening as that Zelda rap
Basically you're saying it's amazing?

I can say with the utmost confidence, I wish those two dudes were my best friends. We would go on the best adventures.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Rahne

Post by Rahne »

It don't know if this is the worst sentence I've ever read, but it's among the worst. From Keith Richards's autobiography, talking about the giant inflatable... penile stage prop the Stones used in a tour:
It was great was the cock, though we paid for it later in Mick’s wanting props at every tour after that, to cover his insecurities.
Because I'm interested in hearing about Mick Jagger's penis in a book about Keith Richards. And this is after he ranted about how Nixon hated him and the Rolling Stones personally and tried to stifle their performances. I think. I don't know, it felt like inane babbling after a while and I stopped.
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan