Children's Books

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Children's Books

Post by FengharTheNord »

Yeeaaaah its gonna get hot up in dis piece.

Give to me your suggestions for best Children's book ever, or ones that are just pretty good too.

I nominate Little Rabbit Foo Foo, Where the Wild Things Are(OMYGODTHEREISAMOVIECOMINGOUTWITHFORRESTWHITTAKEROMGOMGOMGOGMOG), and Love You Forever- the saddest children's book in the entire world ever. Possibly the saddest thing ever.

If you haven't read it you must go find it. Its by Robert Munsch.

Oh, I also nominate all the goosebumps books, but specifically the choose-your-own-adventure ones.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: Children's Books

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

FengharTheNord wrote:I nominate Little Rabbit Foo Foo, Where the Wild Things Are(OMYGODTHEREISAMOVIECOMINGOUTWITHFORRESTWHITTAKEROMGOMGOMGOGMOG), and Love You Forever- the saddest children's book in the entire world ever. Possibly the saddest thing ever.

If you haven't read it you must go find it. Its by Robert Munsch.
This book is too sad.
It will break. Your. Heart.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Robert Munsch's whole life is a series of horrific tragedies. He's got OCD and manic depression, and his wife gave birth to two stillborn children. And I just read that last year he suffered a stroke and has stopped writing temporarily (but thankfully still performs).

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

D:

WHY DO ALL THESE AMAZING PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO HORRIBLY TORMENTED TO WRITE SUCH AMAZING THINGS?!?
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I know, man, that's why I'm such an amazing writer. 'Cause it's an expression of my feelings, ya know, and the great, terrible darkness that I harbour in my soul.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Dear Christ, that is the first book that made me cry as a child. Seriously, it is far too sad to be allowed in the hands of anyone but properly licensed individuals.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

It made pretty much everyone in my third grade classroom cry, which is crazy because children don't have emotions except for fear and scream.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Umm, i remember that book and it did not do anything for me. Bridge to taribithia(sp?) made me shed a tear or two, but not where the Wild Things Are. I dunno, perhaps my life at teh time was far more terrible at that time or something.. that or I am a very bad person
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

We're not talking about Where the Wild Things are, but rather Love You Forever. So sad.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Sheesh, Khazd.

I don't remember "Where The Wild Things Are" being sad at all.

BUT GOSHDARN DOES THAT MOVIE LOOK GOOD.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

yeah, I noticed that after i put the post in, but I was far too lazy to delete it. Also love you forever did not make me cry until I read it to my daughter.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

The secret tear magic is unlocked when the book is read in the vicinity of children.

So is immortality, but you have to do something different for that*.

*Break them and suck out their sweet sweet nutrients
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Though Robert Munsch occupies a special place in my heart I have to say my favourite children's writer is Dr. Suess. I also love his art.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Never heard of that sob story you guys are talking about. I was reading things like Swiss Family Robinson and 20,000 leagues under the sea in first grade (It may sound braggy but I'm just trying to give you some background info).

But, I did really like Eric Carle in Kindergarten.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Khazd wrote:yeah, I noticed that after i put the post in, but I was far too lazy to delete it. Also love you forever did not make me cry until I read it to my daughter.
Yeah, I can imagine it would make me cry if I read it to one of my kids. I never cared for it too much as a kid, though.

I saw a very interesting interview with Munsch on The Hour. I think he said something kind of profane. I don't remember. It was just funny. Dropped a "shit" or something, which thanks to the timeslot and the fact that it is the CBC, it wasn't edited. It was kind of nice to just here him as a normal person, that people who write childrens books don't have to be 100% kid safe and exuding happiness all the time. He's a real person!