The Forum RPG!

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: The Forum RPG!

Post by mountainmage »

I really don't see where you're going with this. May I suggest the door?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Geez, you guys were busy whilst I was asleep. What's happening, isn't this forum supposed to be on the verge of extinction? Also Zach made public mention of the RPG on the site, so we're going to get even more newbies flooding in now.

I kinda wanted to be a hermit, but instead I shall be a werewolf bard. I'll have stealth, and excellent night vison and an annoying habit of singing whilst playing a lute. I also change into a kickass wolf whenever I encounter awkward situations or get angry (i.e., the rest of the party will have to help me get that ability).
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

AHMETxRock wrote:Edit! I have learned your fancy shmancy tricks. It takes entirely too long to do so. I will refrain from doing something like this often.

This is my character design in City of Heroes.
This is my character design from Gaiaonline.com. Ironic that I made the image on another site.
Got a person to draw my character.
That is one sexy, sexy IMAGE HAS BEEN MOVED square. Truly a creative character.

Last edited by mountainmage on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

It worked in preview. I guess I haven't learned your fancy stuff yet.

These are big. I wanted to avoid this, and I'll edit it when I figure out how the heck this actually works.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Nah I liked the ''IMAGE HAS BEEN MOVED' square better. Let's use that one.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

*pokes head through door*

Can I join? I did a character sheet and everything...

*presents slightly damp napkin with "cat herder" scrawled on it in marinade*

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I wondered why my allergies were acting up! Can you summon feral cats to attack enemies and such?

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Depends on the level of the campaign, but at first level I'm limited to one house-cat with mangy fur.

A cat-herder is most useful in the distractions area

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

I'm very much hoping that I can get away with "Evil Lawn Gnome" with as-yet-undefined abilities.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Hoping to still join in. I'm going for an Opener, you know getting past those pesky locks and "Do not enter" signs. Pfft they wouldn't put those there unless something Cool was on the other side right? I mean really.. that's just begging for someone to come in and take a look aroud, the more complex/likely to explode the more tempting..

What kind of system are we using? Pretty familiar with RPGs in general but never done a forum based one before. So very unsure what exactly is going to be going on. I can start writing up more of a backstory/stat block but I'm not even sure what kind of setting are we talking, high magic low tech, modern, sci-fi? So many options so little confirmed...
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

I want to just point this out right quick;

This is my second Forum-Based RPG. My first was a Harry Potter one. I was 14 at the time and had not yet discovered the mystery of women, so it was acceptable.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Ok, first off... I was just described on the main page as a turbogeek... awesome! Second off, the people that have put in for the game already can be in, but I'm afraid that we might get too big and unruly if any more join. If there are people who didn't get in, but want to, perhaps TwoBuy will master a second quest... possibly with tie-ins to mine. Since I want to get this underway, I will give everyone who's signed up until the end of tomorrow to choose a class before you get pushed aside to the realm of side character or something. Here's who I have so far:

AHMETxRock - Hermit
wolf - dominatrix
mountainmage - Mountain Mage
Kidd - Shadow Warrior
Sahan - werewolf bard (this should be interesting since AHMET's character has the ability to control wolves)
diode_dirigible - cat herder
Snazz - evil lawn gnome
Asherian - opener

Yet to pick a class:
cheez.wiz
Lethal Interjection
marTAY

That gives us 11 people... a good number I think since surely a few will drop out by the end methinks. I have character sheets that I made at work today that I will post a link to (excel files) along with a sample one i filled out so you can see what to do once everyone chooses a class. I like some of the latter class choices. Totally keen. I'm surprised so many people have gone fantasy really. No Space Cowboys or Cyborgs with Tourettes yet.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Asherian wrote:What kind of system are we using? Pretty familiar with RPGs in general but never done a forum based one before. So very unsure what exactly is going to be going on. I can start writing up more of a backstory/stat block but I'm not even sure what kind of setting are we talking, high magic low tech, modern, sci-fi? So many options so little confirmed...
I'm going with what he said, though i'm starting to see a sort of fantasy-ish D&D style look to the answers.

But i haven't vanished, since yesterday, and i'll present a character whenever i get more details.

(or i'll play steve, your friendly neigborhood accountant, i guess. [as long as i'm not an elf... who likes them, really?])
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Nothing wrong with elves so long as their not to "Fabulous". She actually ; ). Glad I got in before the cut off! Really look forward to this : )
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm kind of new to this type stuff. I'm not much of an RPGer. Some suggestions would be appreciated, or a list of some types of classes, and I'll go from there.

Also, Ahmet: Big images aren't necessarily frowned upon, just if they are in your signature.

Also, also, Kidd is definitely going to fit in here. No offense to the other newbies.