The Forum RPG!

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Asherian
Token Erisian

Re: The Forum RPG!

Post by Asherian »

Can we keep him (yeah, i saw your previous correction, but everyone knows thar ar no gurlz on teh intertubes amirite?)? MM will pet him, and he'll feed off table leftovers. Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? etc.

Well since you asked So nicely I guess you can keep me ; ) I'm a sucker for free food anywho..

Oh and Ruo, I just wasn't sure the level needed for a backstory, none is fine with me.(For now, I'm sure it will develop in some horrible manner at some point.) Char sent, Enna Kogneto ready to go : )
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

I am doing a background story, and I'm posting it here for you suckers to be in awe of. That is later tonight (since I'm on my lunch break now) and it will be awesome. Basically, here's what you need to know: Pesmerga = G.O.A.T

Also, he's weakness is hidden in a panel of his chest that, if you place some mysterious antique alien race item in, he will implode. Or was that Optimus Prime? Either way, don't go near Pesmerga's chest.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I'm kinda a cool guy. I have a backstory and everything, but I won't advertise it or anything.
I'm going to take liberties. Lots of em. I'm almost done doing this.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

So, I'm definitely in over my head here, but I'll see what I can do and submit, and I'm sure ruo will fix it up if, when, and where necessary.

Edit:
Question: I know we were supposed to have a robot, and I was willing to be a Robot who is able to do Robotic Necromancy, how should that effect my stats? I'm having some struggles filling out my sheet.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:So, I'm definitely in over my head here, but I'll see what I can do and submit, and I'm sure ruo will fix it up if, when, and where necessary.

Edit:
Question: I know we were supposed to have a robot, and I was willing to be a Robot who is able to do Robotic Necromancy, how should that effect my stats? I'm having some struggles filling out my sheet.
I think being a robit shouldn't affect your attributes really, but it would likely influence your skills. like i bet you'd be rad at holding your breath.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote: I think being a robit shouldn't affect your attributes really, but it would likely influence your skills. like i bet you'd be rad at holding your breath.
So, I leave the items, armor, and occupational bonuses up to you? Do I do the same with skills, spells and proficiency?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
ruotwocone wrote: I think being a robit shouldn't affect your attributes really, but it would likely influence your skills. like i bet you'd be rad at holding your breath.
So, I leave the items, armor, and occupational bonuses up to you? Do I do the same with skills, spells and proficiency?
read the comments i made as part of the spreadsheet already people! you pick your own skills and assign their level as you see fit (skill/spell levels come out of your 75 points). i will decide what sort of damage/duration/etc. they have so everything balances out. please be as creative as possible with skills.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Forgive my Excel-retardedness, I didn't notice them. I use Excel very seldom.

And this is more of an inexperience question. In your opinion, how much should I dedicate to the Attributes, and how much to Skills (and the like). A rough percentage. I have to come up with the skills yet, but I don't want to shortchange one or the other and be crippled in the game.
Sorry, stupid question I guess. It would probably be wise to roughly follow the example.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

You can use the example for a good hint, its about 2/3s attributes or more. I did a 59/16 spread or something like that. Really do you want to be more someone who's naturally good at stuff, or trained at doing it is one way of thinking about it.

And you don't have to be a robot, I was mostly joking about that.(mostly)

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Fair enough. I misunderstood, and judging by the fact that it doesn't actually make any difference (stat-wise), I'll probably just be human, then. It didn't particularly matter to me, but I will probably continually forget that I'm supposed to be a robot.

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Fair enough. I misunderstood, and judging by the fact that it doesn't actually make any difference (stat-wise), I'll probably just be human, then. It didn't particularly matter to me, but I will probably continually forget that I'm supposed to be a robot.
Being a robot isn't that much more difficult than being human. You just have to remember to occasionally end a sentence with beep beep boop bop and once-in-a-while drop a menacing comment that hints at your resentment towards humanity. Something like "Humans are such illogical beings. Killing them would more than likely be best in the overall-scheme of things, beep beep boop bop".

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

Kidd wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:Fair enough. I misunderstood, and judging by the fact that it doesn't actually make any difference (stat-wise), I'll probably just be human, then. It didn't particularly matter to me, but I will probably continually forget that I'm supposed to be a robot.
Being a robot isn't that much more difficult than being human. You just have to remember to occasionally end a sentence with beep beep boop bop and once-in-a-while drop a menacing comment that hints at your resentment towards humanity. Something like "Humans are such illogical beings. Killing them would more than likely be best in the overall-scheme of things, beep beep boop bop".
Or something to the effect of "Does Not Compute. What the heck, dude?", or "TeddyBear Want Want Want Want Want" or "Divide by Cucumber Error"
Eat more fire.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Snazz wrote:
Kidd wrote:
Or something to the effect of "Does Not Compute. What the heck, dude?", or "TeddyBear Want Want Want Want Want" or "Divide by Cucumber Error"
Don't forget the occasional post only in binary. (Should be a dirty joke if it all possible, something about her processor showing.)

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Lethal Interjection wrote: Don't forget the occasional post only in binary. (Should be a dirty joke if it all possible, something about her processor showing.)
"Hey baby, you mess with my hard drive too much, you're gonna make my head crash."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

"Supercollider? I hardly know her!"
or if there is someone named Dave/David/other var. who is about to perform an action that you believe is wrong or stupid:
"I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave."

Either are fine.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away