TwoBuy's RPG Game

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

dinnsdale

Re: TwoBuy's RPG Game

Post by dinnsdale »

As a side note-- Sebastian does not scribble. The signs appear directly in his hands as he "speaks" them. (complete sentences at a time) No scribbling involved.
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Fixed! Anything else I should know about your character's title cards? Or is the quick one I made sufficient?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Two out-of-character things:

First, I read over my last post, and that little speech I made was basically the most obnoxious combination of words ever strung together by a human author. So, even though this is really bad form on my part, I went back and retconned it into something that's less likely to make me vomit or jump off a tall building. It doesn't change the storyline any, and trust me, we're all better off because of it.

Also, now that some action seems to be starting, it seems like a good time to start rolling some dice. As a reminder, the name of our game is SMBC RPG2 and the password is saturday. So, Dinnsdale and Natinia, I have just rolled against (14 Endurance + 1 rank Suffocation Spores - 1 for there being two of you.) I got very lucky and rolled a three. You're trying to succeed by more than I did at your saving-throw-esque roll, so you'll be rolling against (Endurance + any kind of disease resistance you've got going + I dunno what else your characters might have - 11.) You want to roll under this number. If you succeed, your throat will tickle a little bit. If you fail, you'll experience what basically amounts to a particularly serious athsma attack that will lead to suffocation in a few minutes if nobody does anything (and you fail subsequent not-suffocating rolls). I'll let you describe the results.

None of this happens for about a minute, though, so people have got time to do stuff beforehand, if they'd like to.
Also, contrary to all appearances, I am going to try to reduce the amount of I put up each time I post my actions. Because there's a lot of it.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Oldrac, we need a new dice server, because there will not be as much awesome as you managed to pack in to that thing ever again.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

[OOC] I didn't roll because I can't roll under a -3. Also, I'm not choking _yet_, I assume. [/OOC]

Sebastian starts to feel an uncomfortable itching in his throat and lungs. This was not going well. Hadn't everyone been able to see the sounds of their unseen companion?
Sebastian wrote:*wheeze*

natinia

Post by natinia »

(OOC) As I also cant roll below a negative number, I see no need to try.

Realizing the logic in the doctor's speech, and not wishing to endanger this supposed "villian" that she can learn from, Natinia consented to let the doctor care for him.

Coughing unsually violently, she realized that something was amiss. She attempted to control herself, but her breathing was still irregular. Sprague is dangerous. Something in the smoke. Smoke.
She quickly pulled a semi-colon blowdart from her pack. He must be controlled. She took as deep a breath as she could and shot it at him, watching it land with a satisfactory thunk in his neck before she crawled, wheezing, to the doctor's side. She felt a fool. Helpless. Weak. She vowed never to be in another's power. But if it meant death...

He seems trustworthy enough.

(OOC) Sorry, I'm new at this, please bear with me. My blowdarts proficiency level is 7, and it says the bonus is +<level> to Hit Bonus. My To Hit Bonus is -2. Strength is 5. Is there anything else you need to know to do your save roll? (Or do I need to roll something?) If you don't save, you get Sleep'd

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

(You actually need to roll to find out if the dart landed or not. 1d20+5, and you're trying to beat Oldrac's AC. I have no clue what that is, so he would have to tell you if it hit or missed.)

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

I actually never got an AC score from TwoBuy, but I'm not wearing any Armor, my Speed is 4 and my Agility is 6, so I would rate it at "Terrible." It starts at 10, so we'll say that you have to score higher than a 6. So, in your case, whatever you roll hits me.
On that note,

The ninja woman pulled a weapon of some kind from her back, and Sprague put up his fists. But when she slid a dart into the weapon, Oldrac laughed contemptuously and turned to address the doctor, pointing a thumb at Sebastian on the ground.
"Hey, Doc, if you've got any rubbing alcohol in that bag, now would - Huh!"
There was a dart in his neck. Sprague looked over his shoulder at the woman, barely keeping her feet now. "Good trick," he said, and he held his hat to his head as he collapsed.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Edminster wrote:Oldrac, we need a new dice server, because there will not be as much awesome as you managed to pack in to that thing ever again.
Well, that's awful kind of you, but would you believe Baron Schadenfreude got away after all that? Frustrating, is what it is.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Well, that's awful kind of you, but would you believe Baron Schadenfreude got away after all that? Frustrating, is what it is.
Your frustration makes me happy (C wut I did their ROFLMAO!!!one!). Ugh, that parenthetical remark made me feel all sorts of dirty.

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

To be honest, I don't c wut u did thar.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

schadenfreude: delight in another person's misfortune

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Thanks, Dinn.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Am I correct in assuming that this is dead?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

*sigh* It looks like it, unfortunately. Which is really too bad. Alas.