TwoBuy's RPG Game

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: TwoBuy's RPG Game

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Yes, yes, I think you have.
I would have put us in some fictional State Park somewhere, probably on some fictional lake in the middle of nowhere. But it could be someplace like Alta Lake State Park. I guess. I decided that I was going to be from Washington, a place that nobody in the game lives anyplace near, so I could get away with making stuff like this up. Also, I figured that, if you were going to a medical conference, it would be sometime in the morning. But I guess there's no reason that would have to be true.

That being said, we should have a system for dealing with these sorts of disagreements. So, here's what I propose: Anything that comes up in narration is official reality, unless it comes about as a result of a character's misperception that gets revealed later. Anything in these side comments is non-canon. So it could be late evening, and the park is re-opening shortly for a concert or something. And we could be near some lake-like object in Seattle, and just not getting any cell reception for some reason.

Also, in order to prevent this thread from becoming a two-man show, I propose that we don't post another action until (a) 48 hours have passed or (b) everyone who's currently active has taken an action. So it won't have much effect while it's just we two, but when more people start joining (I am ever the optimist), nobody gets shafted if they can't if they can't afford to check up on an online forum every thirty seconds.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Man, Alta Lake is a long way from any medical centers. And Donovan is an older man. I can't think of a reason for him to be that far away from civilisation without a car. As for medical conferences, they are similar to conventions in that there are multiple presentations all day, so it's not uncommon to have a particular event scheduled in the evening. I figured that Donovan was out on a stroll while waiting for the presentation to begin.

Volunteer Park seems like a good location, being a nice five-mile walk round-trip for him. I aim for plausibility in scenery, since my character is implausible enough. As for the belief that nobody else in the game is from Washington, I was under the impression that the TwoTwins resided therein. Since TwoBuy is technically the GM (despite not having logged in for a month and a half), I think that makes him part of the game.

When all is said and done, I prefer a GM to dictate the scenery, that way there is minimal cofusion about location. Of course, I was raised on RPGs, so RPs are like going from prison (where everything is laid out nicely for you) to the Real World (where you finally get tired of the crushing freedom and kill someone just so you can go back Inside). So, I figured that all of these side stories are non-canon, but rather examples of our characters.

I agree with the idea of not posting until other people have a chance, but what I really wanted out of this whole exercise was a slice-of-life story, so that we could all become familiar with everyone's characters. I probably would not have posted again if you had not made a post that fairly screamed for me to respond.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Sebastian walks through the woods, admiring the grey foliage. He is, however, somewhat lost. Though beautiful, there seemed to be a bit too much tree and not enough rock and sand. He hadn't seen railroad tracks in months; it was starting to get to him.

He paused; there were words floating through the leaves. They seemed to read:
Sprague wrote:Mmm. He is alive, at that. All right, guy, we'll play it your way. I'll get you your litter, you'll get me some ID, and we'll all three of us get somewhere in range of a cell tower. And then we're going to have a nice chat about Canadian Panthers.
Canadian Panthers? Those Canadians were hardly a presence here in the West. Something wasn't right.
Sebastian wrote:Greetings, gentlemen. I see your companion has been mauled by the Canadians. How may I be of service?
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

So, from an outsider's view, your guy is colourblind with sound-text synaesthesia combined with the delusion that he is a silent movie villain? It fits together so perfectly! I know that I say this to everyone who impresses me, but I think I love you, Dinnsdale.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

As long as he keeps his purple text in this thread, I love him too.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

=b Oh, you guys.... :D

natinia

Post by natinia »

Natinia of Java Fu jumped swiftly to a higher branch to get a better view of the curious events that were unfolding. The contact she had been stalking for a week had failed to show for his meeting with the curious man that arrived on time in his Accord. He was probably dead. She couldn't bother about that, the next step in the process had already begun.
She typed out a quick script against the tree trunk, the words flashing on her contact lenses as they recieved signals from her gloves. She examined the man further, and the script quickly discovered the name on his dogtag. Sprague. But who were these strange others he chose to meet with in the bloody ditch?

She pounced swiftly from tree to tree, getting closer to listen better. She kept one hand on her katana to be sure it did not bang against a branch, giving away her location. She quickly came into earshot of the men, and crouched low in the shadows to listen. After writing a simple script to record and analyze speech patterns, she became as still as the trees, and much quieter.

Sprague's slight Seattle accent was evident as he asked the bloody doctor for identification.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

"We're headed for the Swedish Medical Center, off of Broadway. I've got a room there by grace of being good friends with the Director. You can ask all the questions you want of me when we arrive, Beigepants McGee.
Donovan finishes preparing the IV solution and deftly connects it to the tubing he installed on the man. He then wraps up the offal and places it carefully in his bag, before saying,
Fedora Welty, I need you to carry the head end of the stretcher, while Teller here carries him by the other end. I will keep the IV bag up, and carry my bag in the other hand. Malachi is going to remain the useless lump of flesh and fur that we all know and love. Ready? Go!
Last edited by Edminster on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gödel stop spreading fud

Kangakroo

Post by Kangakroo »

Fixerman grumbled to himself in an agitated way, what the hell was he thinking of when he accepted this job? Sure, the medical centre were paying him well, but the journey had been a helluva long one, and the job was seeming more and more complicated the further he got with it. He stood up, stretching, and dropped the spanner he was holding onto his jacket, lying on the floor beside him. Slowly he stalked outside, still mumbling about his decision to accept the job, and decided to take a quick breather. He strolled out of the car park and leaned against the wall, lighting up. Faintly, he heard something. Rapping on the side of his hard hat with his fist, he 'fixed' his hearing. The noise was a person...no, more than one, moving along slowly, as if carrying a heavy item. Fixerman stood up straight, his interest piqued, and began to stroll towards the noise, whistling as he went.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Something moved in the corner of Sprague's vision. Snarling, Sprague whipped around to face it. As he turned, he reached into his coat for an instant, but drew his hand back empty. There was a mustachioed man dressed in black standing there, with skin the color of ash. He held a sign in front of his chest that read, "Greetings, gentlemen. I see your companion has been mauled by the Canadians. How may I be of service?" in elegant white calligraphy.
The bloody man, apparently unfazed by the new arrival, was packing up his equipment and giving out more dicta. Sprague took two slow steps backwards and turned so he could keep both men in sight. Putting his hands up in a placatory gesture, he said, "All right, Pal, I'm a patient guy. But I'm going to be carrying the
back end of the stretcher. Not negotiable."

As the three men approached the hospital, two nurses came dashing out of the emergency room pushing an actual gurney, and after a few moments of exchanging indecipherable jargon with the bloody man, they transferred their patient. In the process, Sprague slipped something that could have been a business card into the unconscious man's shirt pocket. The nurses turned the gurney around to wheel it back into the hospital, and the bloody man started to follow them, but Sprague clamped a hand on his shoulder. "Now, gentlemen," Sprague began, lowering his voice slightly as he noticed a whistling workman of some sort not far off, "We have some things to discuss. But first, I think it's time that I saw some IDs."
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Canadians.... there had been rumors that they had been getting bolder, but this was going too far! Mauling an innocent man. The nerve!
Sprague wrote:Now, gentlemen, we have some things to discuss. But first, I think it's time that I saw some IDs.
IDs? What did this person take Sebastian for, a law-abiding citizen?
Sebastian wrote:Sir, I don't think you quite realize who you're dealing with. I am *flourish* Sebastian C. Fenwick the Third, villain extraordinaire! IDs are superfluous, and lead to easy capture by the authorities. Have you no sense, man?! Also, there seems to be someone following in the trees. There have been many extra "swishes" emanating from the branches lately. It's really starting to cloud my vision.

Kangakroo

Post by Kangakroo »

Fixerman stopped whistling abruptly, seeing one of the men glance around, and listened. The blood-covered man and the suited man were deep in conversation, but the third man didn't seem to be speaking. He was holding something though...Something like a sign...? He popped a cigarette in his mouth and flicked his lighter. It was empty. Fixerman sighed to himself "Bloody typical."

Fixerman sighed and emerged from the trees noisily, nodding slightly to the men who had, upon seeing him, frozen. He saw them visibly relax as they took in his appearance - that of a simple workman - and begin their discussion again cautiously, waiting for him to move on. He cleared his throat and spoke
"Excuse me lads, I'm sure this is all very serious business, and I hate to interrupt, but do any of you have a light?" He held up his unlit cigarette by way of explanation and took a step forward.

natinia

Post by natinia »

Natinia prepared to pounce to the next tree, but froze as her computer finished telling her what the strange Sebastian had written on his card. Spotted, through sound? What a oddly perceptive man this is. No one has ever found her while stealthing before.

She whipped out a parenthesis (slightly resembling a traditional shuriken), afraid the man would hear her katana being unshealthed.
She crept to the edge of a branch several yards above the men, and then pounced down, landing like a cat. She pressed the blade against Sebastian's neck and whispered

Let's all stay calm. Tell me what is going on or this dear doctor will have another bloody man to attend to. I wouldn't do that if I were you, Sprague. You cannot reach whatever is in your jacket before this man is seriously hurt. My whole life I have trained myself to disappear without a trace. You do not want them to think you killed this silly man, do you? Now now, let us be civil and discuss. What is happening here?

In the brief silence that followed, Natinia pressed the cold blade until a single quiet red tear splashed it with life. She knew she would not kill the man, she had to learn from him first, so she could not be detected in the future. The others didn't need to know that, though.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Sprague's hand was in his coat before the ninja woman landed, but he froze when she put a weapon to the throat of the man who called himself Sebastian and started hissing threats at anybody and at nobody. In the brief silence that followed, Sprague slowly drew back his hand from his coat, producing a pack of Menthols and a heavily tarnished lighter. When he spoke next, his voice was slow, even, and pleasant. "The man wanted a smoke, and I'm not the sort to make a fellow smoke alone." He pushed a cigarette out of the box with his thumb, held it up to the workman's, and lit the two of them. Then, slowly, he put the box and lighter back into his coat, took a long drag from his cigarette, and held up his otherwise empty hands. "See? Calm. Everyone's calm. Why don't we all just take a deep breath, and we'll figure this out. Together now, inhale -ahhhhh- exhale.
With this last word, Sprague blew a cloud of reeking smoke into the faces of Sebastian and his captor, both of whom immediately staggered back, swatting at their eyes and gasping for breath altogether much too long for that amount of smoke.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Donovan wrote:Thank you, Mister Sprague, for causing that blade to slide slightly deeper into his throat. I do love a medical challenge, after all. It's rather difficult to swat away smoke without seriously harming a person when you have a very sharp implement to their neck, because the movement causes the hand with the knife to bounce and jiggle. Isn't that right, Miss? Now, if we could try this the diplomatic way, perhaps I can keep our companion alive.

Young Miss, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest if you were to release this mute gentleman. As yet he has done you no harm, nor have we (assuming you discount Sprague's attempt to disable you). I do not know all the details of our current situation, but if you would be so kind as to remove that queer knife from the self-professed villain's neck, I would be more than happy to tell you what I do know. Does this sound like a reasonable idea? Mister Fenwick, do you promise to not retaliate against this oddly-dressed young woman if she were to release you? Keep in mind that an answer in anything but the affirmative may very well be your last.
Fenwick looked disconcerted as he realised that he would not be able to fight back without serious injury, but finally replied
titlecardyes.JPG
Donovan wrote:Excellent! Now, if would you be so kind as to let this young man come over here so that I may stitch him up, we would be more than happy to share information. Agreed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Edminster on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gödel stop spreading fud