RPG1 - Official Actions

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Kidd » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:50 am

wolf wrote:Maîtresse tilts her head to the side in puzzlement and looks around the group for someone named Wolf.

"Ms. Kogneeto do you know who this Wolf character Mr. Pesmerga is speaking to? Do you think we have to worry about him being delusional? I shall have to keep an eye out for anymore signs of dementia."

Maîtresse starts to follow Pesmerga from a safe distance.


"Touche" responds Pesmerga, and then anxiously awaits the responses of the rest of the band of outcasts.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Lethal Interjection » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:08 am

"I calculate that the odds of this camp being empty are about 12%, but I shall follow."

Necromax draws his soldering gun and follows gingerly behind.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby mountainmage » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am

Seraphin wrote:When we get near enough to the camp, I can tell you exactly what's in it, presuming it's bright enough.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
 
Posts: 9608
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby ruotwocone » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:56 am

From what I'm gathering, the general consensus is for everyone to approach the campfire until an assessment as to what is there can be made. For the record - are you staying as a group? Is one or more of you going to try and stealth their way close and scout? Are you just going to walk up like you own the place?
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Snazz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:57 am

Bubbles looked towards the fire and narrowed his eyes. 12% odds that a camp with a fire still burning to be empty? Not likely. If it is empty, then its recent inhabitants either mean ill towards visitors and are using the fire as a bait or suspect that the visitors are ill-meaning and are cursing themselves for not hearing the visitors earlier so they could kick out the fire without raising suspicion. Bubbles fingered his blowgun and spurred his Pink Flamingo towards the shadowy sides of the road. If there are people waiting in ambush along the sides of the road, it's better to have eyes more fully adjusted to the shadows than to be standing in full view in the middle of the road, even if you do risk walking straight into hostile arms. Besides, then it's less likely for Bubbles to be visible if bubbles is in the shadows. Even his hat tends to blend in with the shadows, in a very eerie way.
Image
Eat more fire.
User avatar
Snazz
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 am

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby mountainmage » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:08 am

It looks like Kidd/Pesmerga is approaching as a scout using his shadowstalker ability. Wolf/Maitress is following him, followed by Asherian/Enna Kognee, then myself carrying sahan/Mr. snuffalupagus, then lethal/necromax 3000. Snazz/bubbles is following, but alongside the road. Diode/Cog, Ahmet/Royal, and Cheez/Manfried have not said whether they are following or not yet.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
 
Posts: 9608
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby diode_dirigible » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:25 am

Cog follows, but a few meters back... better to let others discover possibly nasty things
Last edited by diode_dirigible on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
diode_dirigible
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Location: Higher than is strictly safe

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby cheez.wiz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:36 am

Manfried's thoughts wrote:Surely, if there is anything nice to be found there, i could make the arrangements to get my part of it. I'd serve them, and myself better by standing back while they explore the camp. I'll stay within shouting distance, in case something comes up.


Obviously standing back, at a safe distance.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird
cheez.wiz
Human-based Product
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 am
Location: My cat's name is mitten.

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby ruotwocone » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:45 pm

There is a watchman keeping watch at the camp facing the direction of approach for your party. With everyone else standing back at a distance, Pesmerga is using his ShadowStalker skill to take a look at what is happening. The watchman needs to roll against his smarts to see Pesmerga at a -3 modifier due to the level of ShadowStalker and another -1 due to low lighting. This means he must roll a 5 or below in order to detect Pesmerga.

He rolls a 16 and does not detect Pesmerga.


The camp consists of a poorly drawn fire with large boulders limiting access from the north and south. Across the fire to the east is a wooden beam lashed horizontally to two vertical support posts. Chained to the beam are three men facing away from the fire, stripped naked and resting on their knees.

Most notable are the multitude of strange creatures inhabiting the campfire. The creatures appear to be meter-tall eggs whose only feature seems to be a giant, bulbous eye. The eggmen are resting in a kind of electronic hovering chair that has a robotic arm on it. A few of the eggmen hold some type of solid-metal spear in their robot hands. Pesmerga could see 7 of the creatures, although there could be more about.

I have made for you a crappy drawing of the eggmen and a grid map of the campfire with Pesmerga's scouting report already labeled. Right now the party is all together at the red dot, however you can break up in whatever way you choose. Each character can move at a rate of 1/2 of their Speed attribute (rounded up) per round in squares (diagonals ok) on the map, or they can run at their full Speed attribute but they will have to save versus Endurance after 3 rounds.

For example: Random T Guy wants to move. He has a speed of 8. He can either walk at 4 squares per round or run at 8.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Lethal Interjection » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 pm

"It would seem that hostilities are inevitable. If we are to free these three, we must be prepared for battle. May I suggest that I might flank to the north with my soldering gun of justice?"
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Kidd » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Unfortunately, I feel we have no choice but to save these men. Even if they have no clues as to what we are looking for, having hostile creatures in the area seems too unlikely to be a coincidence. I am with Necro on this one. Perhaps we should send a few to the North, a few directly Eastward at them, and a few South-East, to flank the assaulting eggmen? We can have the party heading straight at them draw the attention, the Northmen flank behind undetected and free the slaves, while the South-Eastern and Easterly parties converge on the enemies. Does this sound okay to everyone, or is there a better plan of action?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Snazz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 am

From the shadows, Bubbles thought. Afterwards, he whispered back at the more road-centric party.

"It doesn't seem to me that there is any inherent wrongdoing going on here. Watchmen are necessary to any camp, regardless its intentions, and these eggmen could just be wandering robotics engineers and merchants. The men aren't currently suffering any visible injustices. They could just be exhibitionists, or BDSM submissives," he glanced at the Maîtresse, "with some sort of ovarian fetish. I don't see any reason to just go in there and hack-and-slash them to death. Someone's death, anyway. That said, I'm not against the idea of random hack-and-slashing. However, I'm next to useless in close combat, so I'll be skirting the shadows and using my blowgun. I'm not going in there until victory is certain. Someone's victory, anyway."

All that said and done, what's the speed on my Pink Flamingo? I think, Bubbles not being the lightest of gnomes, that he'd count as encumbered.
Image
Eat more fire.
User avatar
Snazz
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 am

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby Kidd » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:08 am

(fuck it, I'm using italicized text from now on. Looks so much cleaner)


There are a lot of unknowns here, Mr. Bubbles. My point of view on this is that we are here to do a job. Our ability to do said job results in us getting paid. I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but I know where Yuber is, I just need the money to get to him. So, the way I am seeing this, if this congregation we're facing has just a remote chance of leading me to the end of our goal, then I say we take a chance here. If you want to sit back on your Flamingo and wait for the results, then be my guest. Regardless, I'm going in. Now, who's with me?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby AHMETxRock » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 am

Royal draws his blades from the sheaths on his back, and begins making low clicking noises to attract animals.

(Let me know if I'm doing this right)
Royal gets ready to attack foes.
Royal attempts to use Summon Critters
Just like an std, will never fully go away.
User avatar
AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop
 
Posts: 5524
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 am
Location: Box of Cereal.

Re: RPG1 - Official Actions

Postby mountainmage » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:22 am

Seraphin thinks for a moment.

Seraphin wrote:Well, I was beginning to get bored with all this walking anyways. I'm not the fastest mage in the world, so I think I'll go with the main eastern attack party. The eggmen are grouped together...in a perfect position for me to cast my Cloud of Searing Soot. What say I advance with three or four of you slower lot, and cast my spell? This should cause the eggmen to scatter in panic, right into the hands of the faster members of our group who will be waiting near the northern rocks. The southern rock is large enough to prevent an escape route that way, so needn't worry about that direction. After we free the slaves, I'm quite sure they will give us valuable information concerning our quest.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
 
Posts: 9608
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

PreviousNext

Return to The Forum RPG/Other Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest