RPG1 - Strategy Room

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: RPG1 - Strategy Room

Post by mountainmage »

A standard is a flag, FYI.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Now would be a good chance to discuss our character's skills and attributes so we know what we are all capable of.

My character, Mr Snuffleupagus has the following:
Skills: Change into wolf - reduced Armour and reduced To Hit, 2D6 damage
Night vision - Can see in the dark as if light
Stealth - Sneak undetected past enemies
Wordplay - +1 to roll vs Brains when solving puzzles/riddles
Awful Music - Random effect on all living creatures in range
Hunt Small Animals - Self explanatory

Vitals
Max HP: 7
MP: None
Armour Bonus : 5
To hit bonus: 10

Weapons
Battle Harp (melee) 1D6
Short bow and arrows (25 range) 1D4
Last edited by Sahan on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Cog the Cat-Herder:

Skills: Cat Herding (4) - agility roll at +1 to herd cats
Hitting Small Things (3) - +1 damage and +1 to hit against anything under a meter tall
Gutting and Cleaning (2) - helps prepare food for consumption, obviously. also helps with interrogations :twisted:
Weapon Proficiency (Staves) (4) - +3 to hit things with my staff
Negotiation (2) - roll against smarts

Vitals
Max HP: 8
MP: None
Armour Bonus : 4

Weapons
Cat Herding Staff, 2D4
Gutting Knife - 1D4

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Seraphin of the Fiery Mountains
Skills:
Mediation (2) - Regain 1 MP per level per hour. Must be uniterrupted or no benefits
Summon: Flameling (1) - 1D4 damage, 5 To Hit Bonus, 5 Armor Bonus, 1D6 HP, extra attack per level
Summong: Stoneling (1) - 2D6 damage +1D6 per level, 9 To Hit Bonus, 6 Armor Bonus, 2D6 HP
Cloud of Searing Soot (2) - 1 damage per round per level, enemies must save versus blindness each round, cloud is 10m^2 +10m^2 per level, 1D4 rounds _______________________per level duration, cannot be controlled once placed
Firebreathing (2) - 1D6 damage, range of 1 meter plus 0.5m per level
Keen Vision (1) - Zoomed in vision (like a hawk or something!) 2X zoom per level. Innate MM ability - requires no MP
Navigation: Mountains (1) - +1 to navigation roll vs. Brains per level
Flame Barrier (1) - 1D6 damage, can only surround yourself, 1 round per level duration
Fists of Iron (2) - +1 damage per hit per level when striking with fists, 1 round per level duration
Weapon Proficiency (Staves) (2) - +1 to hit per level starting at level 2
Weapon Proficiency (Hand-to-Hand) (2) - +1 to hit per level starting at level 2

Vitals
Max HP: 10
MP: 11
Armour Bonus : 2

Weapons
Ironshod Staff (melee) 1D6

Equipment
Flame Tunic - Half damage from Fire attacks, double damage from Ice/Water attacks
Stone Sandals - Half damage from Earth attacks, double damage from Wind attacks
Gloves of the Phoenix - Can heal 1mp at the cost of 2hp
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Necromax 3000

WP: As Seen on TV: Level 4: -1 To Hit (good) per level starting at level 2
Techno-necromancy (4 MP): Level 7: Absolute control over 1 defunct electronic device per level. Devices return to their 'dead' state after 24 hours never to return…
Fully functional (1 MP): Level 2: +1 Smarts per level when courting a beautiful toaster… or a telephone if you're into that sort of thing (pervert)
Hold Breath: Level 1: The ability not to breathe. Character can hold breath for 1D4 millenia per level
Password/Code/Logic Puzzle (3 MP): Level 3: +1 Brains per level when solving logic/password/code problems

Max HP: 2
Max MP: 10
Armour Bonus: 5
Hit Bonus: 10

Weapons:
Cold Heat solder gun: 1D8: Range 1000
Bacon Genie: 1D4: melee
MiracleBlade III throwing knives X 10: 1D4: Range 5

Equipment
Plytanium® Hull (armor bonus 6)

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Manfried More
Skills
Cooking (1) - At least somebody's food won't be terrible… needs more tenderizing
Pagan incantations (3) - 1D4 health+1 health per level
Skills consumption (2) - Drinking someones blood will give you one of their skills randomly for 1D6 minutes per level. Eating their heart will give you one for 1D6 days per level
Create fear(or at least, mild disgust) (2 MP) (1) - Enemy must make a saving throw against Smarts at -1 per level or lose initiative for 1D4 rounds
Snazzyness in tribal attire (4) - Ladies must make a saving throw versus Smarts at -1 per level or become wooed when character wears tribal attire

Vitals
HP:7
MP:10
Armor Bonus:1
To Hit Bonus:10

Weapons
Cleaver : Melee 1D6

I'd like to note that Sahan Hunst stuff, and that Mountainmage's mage is essentially a grass/rock pokemon, with his equipment.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

cheez.wiz wrote:I'd like to note that Sahan Hunst stuff, and that Mountainmage's mage is essentially a grass/rock pokemon, with his equipment.
More like fire/rock, n00b!

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

mountainmage wrote:
cheez.wiz wrote:I'd like to note that Sahan Hunst stuff, and that Mountainmage's mage is essentially a grass/rock pokemon, with his equipment.
More like fire/rock, n00b!
nah, 'cause then you would be cripplingly weak to water attacks, you would take 4 times the... what? why is everyone looking at me like that?

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I was right.

Neener neener neener.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Maîtresse

HP: 6
MP: 0/0
Armour Bonus: 3
To Hit Bonus: 10

Weapons:
Whip with skull on the pummel 1D6 (melee)
Spike-heeled boots 1D4 (melee)

Skills:
Degradation (lvl 1) Humanoid enemy flees unless making a save versus Smarts. -1 penalty to save per level
Bondage (lvl 2) Special whip attack. Does no damage, but lowers an enemy's Armor Bonus by 1 per level
Knife Play (lvl 3) 1D4 damage plus 1 per level (+2 with Nackle) on successful attack. Cannot kill an enemy - will cause them to submit if HP reaches 0
Obedience (lvl 6) Control a humanoid for 1D10 non-combat minutes per level unless they save versus Endurance. Enemy will not seriously wound itself or perform actions with extremely negative consequences
Ultimate Humiliation (lvl 10) After making a successful Bondage attack, make another successful attack with the plug to do 1D4 damage per level (thats right, an unlubracted butt plug)
WP: Whips (lvl 2) -1 (good) To Hit with whips starting at level 2
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Working on this. Don't sass me until I'm done.

Royal.
bonus +1 commune, +1 agility, +1 strength, -1 Smarts.
HP: 7/7

Skills:
Summon Critters- level 1. Summon 1D4 random nearby animals per level. Animals will be non-aggressive unless attacked or harrassed.
Commune with animals- level 2. Convey basic thoughts to non-insect animals. Animals will obey minor commands on roll versus Brains at +1 per level.
Ambidexterity- level 3. Off-handed weapons give only +3 penalty to hit instead of +5. -1 To Hit per level starting at level 2.
Observance- level 4. Learn an observed non-magical, non-innate skill on roll versus Brains. +1 to roll per level.
WP: Scimitar- level 3. -1 (good) To Hit per level starting at level 2.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

Bubbles Flowerwing

HP: 8
MP: 12
Armor: 3
To Hit: 10

Assorted Miniature Gardening Tools: 1D4
Blowgun: 1D4, range 10
--20 Creepy-tipped darts (Successful hit causes victim to be really creeped out, effectively reducing their Armor by 5 for 1D6 rounds)

Lawn Ornament Command (3): Control one ornament per level for 1D6 rounds per level (excludes other gnomes)
Ride: Pink Flamingo (2): +1 per level for difficult maneuvers vs Agility
WP: Garden Tools (1): +1 to hit per level, starting at level 2
Creepy Displacement (5) (5MP): Line of sight teleport. Can only teleport when both start and finish locations are not being observed. Roll +1/level versus Agility for success
Stoneform (3) (3MP): Transform into an ornamental concrete gnome for 1D6 minutes per level
Eat more fire.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Enna Kogneeto, Opener

Explosives - I make shit blow up.
Locksmithing- with magical abilties you shouldn't worry about I make locks open!(the use of small metal rods may or may not be involved)
Security Systems- Getting around them easier then your average lemming can leap from a cliff.
I'm also non photogenic, and people just assume I'm allowed to be there.
Tonfas- 2 small beatin weapons.

Hp 8.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Now that we've all introduced our characters and received the map, I guess we should go to the scene of the crime, eh?

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Name: Pesmerga
Occupation Bonuses: +1 Agility, +1 Shell, +1 Stealth Skills, -1 Endurance

HP: 9
MP: 0
Armor: 6
To Hit: 10

WP: Shuriken

Skills
Molten Core(Using his proficiency in Dark Arts, Pesmerga creates a fire from within the opponent, lowering their health and decreasing defense)- 1 Damage per round in effect, -1 Armor while in effect, End. Save each round. Not stackable.

ShadowStalker(Pesmerga blends in with his environment, increasing his evasion, but decreases his hit power)- While in effect, enemy must make a Smarts check to see you at -1 per level. If undetected, you can make a back attack at +1 To Hit (bad) dealing double damage.

NineFlower(the highest number in the Yin(Chaos), causes the opponent a large amount of damage)- 1D6 Damage per level. One use per day

EightFold(Highest number in Yang(order), increases speed and agility based on level)- +1 Agility and +1 Speed for 1D4 rounds per level. One use per day

Shell(increases defense based on level)- +1 Armor Bonus and +1 To Hit (bad) per level while in use

Kamikaze(Pesmerga grabs his enemy and releases a barrage of black magic. Depending on dice roll, opponent takes heavy magic damage, Pesmerga takes half that amount in damage, and has a lowered endurance for X amount of rounds)- Must make a successful Hand-to-Hand attack. 1D10 damage per level. Character takes half damage and must spend 1D6 rounds recovering before taking another action
I Believe In Harvey Dent.