RPG1 - Strategy Room

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: RPG1 - Strategy Room

Post by AHMETxRock »

Gee-Wiz Cheez.Wiz!
We'll have to test for range attack the opponents have(a dude could have throwing hatchets), whether or not you're successful in luring them (intelligence check on the foes), probability that an explosion under their feet could do damage(Not planting correctly, rolling a 2 fails to detonate).

IN real life, that's a great plan. It's just that sooner or later we'll mess up, have to pour elixer into your head wounds, or gain tons of boring exp and I can have stripper bards dancing around me. Female ones, in case the ambiguity is too much to handle.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

I'm down with Cheez.Wiz's sickness. And I'm cool with him getting to eat people.

One minor question that I have is: is the whole Robotic Eggmen thing is a really stretched play on the Dr Robotnik/Dr Eggman character from Sonic?
Eat more fire.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Ok question. How will the turns work? Is there a certain order or can I do something like "Maitress uses three turns to run 9 spaces east"? Or will it go "Play X walks 6 spaces east, Maitress runs 3 spaces east, player Y moves etc"

If it goes like the second one what is our turn order? And I'm game for Cheez's suggestion. Since I'm slow I'll start heading east towards the cam. Hate for things to go sour and be all "Ok! I'll be there in 9 turns. Don't die."
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

everybody acts and moves at the same time - unless something happens that causes somebody to automatically lose/win initiative - so movements, attacks, skills, etc. all happen simultaneously. To speed things along, everybody should just tell me where they want their player on the grid before things start rather than have each person declare movement for a week.

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

I think that Bubbles and the Pink Flamingo are going to wind up 8 squares north and 3 west of the northeasternmost eggman, right in the middle of the rocks. That puts me within range of the northern 4 eggmen. I'll keep to the shadows to avoid detection by firelight.
Eat more fire.

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Cog will circle around to the north and stand 2 squares north of bubbles, ready to rush in if things go pear shaped. The cats are made temporarily silent

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm going to need someone to tell me where I need to go. If I'm going north with the range attack, my soldering gun has a range of 1000, whatever that means. So I'll stand as near the others as I need to.
As you can tell, you guys are gonna have to bare with me.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:As you can tell, you guys are gonna have to bare with me.
Do we have to? I'm not into naked men.

I'll bear with you anytime.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Cheeze now you've just got me thinking you two will try and go to find a bear to bare with! Not that its necessarily an unpleasant thought...

I can explode things indeed! Interestingly enough while the main goal of my explosives is for opening doors/walls they will work equally well on organic matter that is near them, or eggs as the case maybe.

Also who's going to try and make contact with them? I don't mind attempting it, but if someone has actual skills in the area that'd work better they probably should.

Also soldering guns have range? Since when? Those things are contact oriented.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

diode_dirigible

Bloody pedant grammarians.

Perhaps it is a soldering gun in that it shoots solder. Pew pew!

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

oh no! Not highly heated lead/tin mixtures! Or silver I guess, but normally its 60/40 lead/tin combo. I guess I shouldn't literally think its the normal tool. I was just going with that cause he's a robot and would need to have the actual tool. Hell maybe its a laser or somethin`.

I'm also assuming in that sentence it'd be computer/circuit board solder, not jewelery ectra. I know I know, assumptions make an ass out of umptions, but you do have these preconceived notions of things you work with on a regular basis, hard not to work off them.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

diode_dirigible

Maybe it has nothing to do with soldering or solder at all, it might just be a gun with a stupid name.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'll hang back until Cheez discovers their intentions.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

So from what I gather Mage, Ashe and myself are the turtles of the group? Not going to lie, since it's X-mas eve, even thought I don't celebrate X-mas, I'm going to be gone until well the 26th. So yeah, I'm putting my decision making on hold until at least then
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

cheez.wiz wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:As you can tell, you guys are gonna have to bare with me.
Do we have to? I'm not into naked men.

I'll bear with you anytime.
Dammit, I swear I changed that 3 times, unsure as to which one. Bear just seemed dumb to me. I was thinking that you bare to the right. But I guess that would just be flashing someone to your right.

As for the solder gun, it is adapted. One of my skills is an increased proficiency with As Seen on TV items. This is an adapted Cold Heat Soldering Gun.