RPG1 - Strategy Room

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Asherian
Token Erisian

Re: RPG1 - Strategy Room

Post by Asherian »

Rou I've got a very important question. Looking at the picture it appears that the egg people are using elctronics/cameras for eyes. Am I mistaken in this? Kind of important for my plans..
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

There.... there is a lot of dice options. What one do I roll if I'm just physically attacking? And is it the same one for skills?
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Asherian wrote:Rou I've got a very important question. Looking at the picture it appears that the egg people are using elctronics/cameras for eyes. Am I mistaken in this? Kind of important for my plans..
their eyes are biological, but their hovercraft/weapons/appendages are electronic.

diode: for your cat herding - I looked at the sheet and you could herd your sacked cats at the egg dudes, but it isn't like they'd automatically attack (I mean they certainly might, but they would probably be just as likely to run past the eggmen).

wolf: the dice you roll depends on your action. for just attacking, you declare a target and then roll a 1D20 to see if you hit and then roll damage for that weapon if you do (you need a 14 or higher to hit the egg guys with the whip or 15 or higher to hit with your knife). Most of your skills are based around successful hits with your weapons so rolling to hit with the weapon is what you'd do.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I attacked #10.
I've had very little luck rolling in this game so far. For this round of attack I rolled a 1 on a d8, a 2 on a d20, and then for smarts, which probably matters less than the other two, an 11 on a d20. Miserable. Judging by my rolls last time, I won't hit this time either.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I stated that I'd use my observation skill. I wonder, are there supposed to be penalties when I use it? Can I simply "toggle" my observance on then have it last for the rest of the battle?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Alright, ashe, cheez, kidd, sahan, and snazz have not put in anything for this turn as far as I can tell. Please get them in today or you'll have to wait until next turn.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:I stated that I'd use my observation skill. I wonder, are there supposed to be penalties when I use it? Can I simply "toggle" my observance on then have it last for the rest of the battle?
I would think that using the skill is taking up all of your attention for a turn, rather than being so awesomely observant that you can do anything else whilst noticing everything that happens. Of course, I'm not Twocone, and I'm not part of this game anyway.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Can i attack whatever is the closest?

Effin college...
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

cheez.wiz wrote:Can i attack whatever is the closest?

Effin college...
yeah, that isn't a problem, just make the rolls on the dice server.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Alright, I'm going to treat my observance skill as an inate ability that I simply need to focus whenever I feel the need to.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

AHMETxRock wrote:Alright, I'm going to treat my observance skill as an inate ability that I simply need to focus whenever I feel the need to.
sorry... i missed your earlier post on this. The description of your skill is:
Learn an observed non-magical, non-innate skill on roll versus Brains. +1 to roll per level

That means you need to make a roll versus brains at +1 per level (the skill is level 4 so you would need to roll a 14 or lower for success). You also need to declare something to observe. Remember that you can't learn spells or innate skills - so learning how to make a fire, make arrows, build a catapult, etc. are all things you could learn. The Mage's firebreathing spell or sahan's Night Vision skill are not learnable. In the realm of this conflict, you could possibly try to learn how to use the glowing remote control thing that the eggs have or how to pilot their hovercraft or something else even cooler that you thought up on your own. Hope this helps with any confusion.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

There you go. I think i didn't screw up?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

So, I think I want to try my Technomancy this turn. Seeing as it is "obsolete" technology, I assume I can only do it with a dead egg's little hovercraft/arm-like thing? So I would summon the egg that Cog killed (I don't recall the number) and get it to attack whatever egg Cog is not attacking.
Would that be my whole turn?
Also, what do I have to roll?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Brilliant! You can actually bring back up to 7 of them (since that is the level of your skill). Since 4 eggs are slain, you could bring back all 4. I'll probably reduce their to hit stat because they are damaged and all, but damage should be the same (1D4) if you hit.

Bringing them back will take all of this round, but next round you and all 4 of your 'friends' could attack.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:Brilliant! You can actually bring back up to 7 of them (since that is the level of your skill). Since 4 eggs are slain, you could bring back all 4. I'll probably reduce their to hit stat because they are damaged and all, but damage should be the same (1D4) if you hit.

Bringing them back will take all of this round, but next round you and all 4 of your 'friends' could attack.
Cool. I wasn't sure if there was a range limit on what I could raise. Also, good that I waited this long or it might not have been worth it. Of course, I'm going to leave myself open to melee next round, which worries me somewhat with my low hp. But beating up on a egg with a bacon genie should be very satisfying.