Character Backstories

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Character Backstories

Post by mountainmage »

Well, we don't want to clog up official actions, so post them here!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Character Backstories

Post by mountainmage »

Part I: The Adventure Begins

In a distant land there stands
Dire mountains of fire
Among the slag in a cave above a crag
A thin man named Seraphin
Lives and trains to harness the fire in his veins
Lonely years of learning has set his heart to yearning
For new sights and deadly fights
He treks from one town to the next
For a grand quest he had obsessed
He found his answer in the Standard of the Lancer
Seraphin found himself facing west at Kleinhaber's behest
In a line of people, two plus nine
Men and women of no great measure trying to earn themselves some treasure
A motley crew, people he'd have normally slew
Who he must now trust
I introduce myself then, Seraphin of the Fiery Mountain
Last edited by mountainmage on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

There once was a man named Cog, he kept cats in line.
Now you get to meet him

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

mountainmage wrote:In a distant land there stands...
You should enter that in a poetry contest!
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I know. It would totally get accepted and then my opinions would be credible!

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Note: people in my game feel free to put your back-stories in this thread too so I can ignore them easier. No need to list your skills and abilities. I will be sharing everyone's character sheets with everyone else, that way we don't waste two days on people just giving each other formal introductions. Bor-ring.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

A tall lovely women dressed in pants you'd swear were painted on and a baggy leather jacket standing here not paying much attention to you. Glancing up from her PDA's screen she notices you. "So, your one of the guys I'm working with huh? Great." She pulls down her sunglasses a little letting you see her dark green eyes looking you up and down. Pushing them back up her nose and pulling down her hat a bit more. "Well if your going to be workin' with me one big thing you need remember. You see me runnin you best follow, less you like a nice ton of kinentic force pushing fire into yah." Pushing her PDA back into her pouch she picks up one of her tonfa and twirls it as she walks away. Those pants are far to nice on that ass.

A tall lean woman, dark brown curly hair falling just past her shoulders. She carries a large messanger style pouch, filled with you can probably guess what. A leather jacket with a surprisingly large amount of interrior pockets falls just above her ass helping to show off her fantastic legs and tight leather pants. Combat boots and t-shirt round out the rest of her ensemble. She has high cheekbones, somewhat large straight nose and full bowed lips. If you want actual 'details' on a past then you best ask cause she aint going to come forward with that sort of thing all casual like.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Meh. I'm a hermit.

I live alone in the woods and caves and stuff. I'm only out adventuring so that I can procure myself a means of enjoying myself in my elderly years.
Back in my day, it took more than knowing how to stab someone with a sword blessed with the ability of thunder summoning. That ain't nothing!

I can dig a perfectly square hole. It's perfectly square! I'm saying perfect. And I do it with a stick. You boys would probably need a blessed shovel forged in the pits of Goblin hell that you swing in the air, scream klatu deliverance, and have a magic cloud descend from the sky and switch places with the dirt.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

There's a man slouching against a wall here. Average height, medium build. He's wearing a beige double-breasted trench coat, buttoned shut, over a pair of beige trousers and under a matching beige fedora. There's a badge embroidered onto the left sleeve of his coat that reads "U.S. Customs and Border Protection." The hat is casting a deep shadow that obscures his features, but you can still see that he's wearing a pair of sunglasses that could be Ray-Bans, and he's smoking a cigarette, with the filter end pointing out. He smells faintly of tobacco (understandably), and strongly of cough syrup (less so.)
After a few moments, he notices that people are waiting for him to introduce himself. He straightens up and takes out his cigarette just long enought to say, "Hi, kiddies. Name's Sprague." in a wheezy monotone, and then settles back into his original position.

OOC: "Sprague" rhymes with "frog." Not "plague."
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Pesmerga

Never before has so much been written about a man whom so little is known. In a nutshell, not even his name is known. The name given to him by the people of Toran is "Pesmerga", Kurdish for "He who chases after death." The name Pesmerga has been recorded in every country's history since the dawn of time, and yet he is still an enigma. His birth date is unknown. He is a stateless man. An assassin by necessity. His only goal he's ever spoken of is his continued chase of his mortal nemesis; a fellow assassin named Yuber. Nothing of Yuber is known either.

The few facts of Pesmerga known are that he joined the Toran Liberation Army and the Dunan Unification Army. He was not a soldier nor a mercenary. He joined only because Yuber had sided against these factions. In both cases, he was granted his duel with Yuber, in which he seeks to kill his opponent. Both duels ended inconclusively to the victor, with Yuber fleeing both times. He carries a two-handed sword with him, named "King Crimson", but he refuses to use it, sticking to his daggers and shurikens. Sewn into each glove there is a rune apiece. One, the "NineFlower" and the other the "EightFold". They stand for balance between chaos and order; destruction and stability; yin and yang. The runes prevent him from becoming a Hero or a Villian, the most true of all neutral men. The runes glow when he uses abilities.

Whatever his reason for joining this current quest is, it surely must have something to do with finding Yuber, or he would never embark on it.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Part II: The Group Sets off

A bracelet and map were tossed in my lap.
When asked to explain these items twain,
He said, "The map always bears he who wears it.
So long as the band is around your hand,
It will trace your path upon its face."
Without further delay we were on our way,
We sought the place where the bearers had fought
The men who had stolen both their lives and precious standard.
Betwixt Calava and Buellen was where they had fell in
The trap sprung by they whose eyes were set upon that glorious prize.
One night upon the road, my keen sight
Spotted nigh a roaring fire blazing high.
We sent out one of our members as a scout.
An apt warrior, Pesmerga, wrapped himself in shadows
And stepped without a sound to see what could be found.
He reported strange floating creatures with curious features;
Ovoid beings one meter tall with three naked humans in their thrall.
We stood there awhile wondering if they were hostile,
Discussing the best course of action, whether diplomacy or force.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I think you should have been the bard in our game, Mage.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?