Page 16 of 18

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:50 am
by LordRetard
Wow, imagine that mother. First her kid dies, then she's going to get mugged and brutally murdered. Worst. Day. Ever.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:54 am
by dinnsdale
Oldrac, should I roll some kind of check?

If we're not going to do "skill" checks generally, let me know. I've been playing D&D all weekend, and I'm in skill check mode. o_O I would love for me not to have to roll a Perception check to get into the wall.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
I was thinking of having you roll, but I won't make you, 'cause I'm a nice guy like that.
I can tell you that you're not supposed to try and walk into the wall. Unless you're Harry Potter.

And apparently the speakeasy is next to the river. Who knew?

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 am
by dinnsdale
You're far too generous. =b

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
Oh, I'm sorry, those were two separate thoughts. I was just observing that I'd never mentioned there being a river there before.

But let's run with it.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 am
by dinnsdale
In fact, we are running towards it. Shoulda gone over the wall instead. Too bad, so sad.

...please don't kill Jimmy. :|

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:57 am
by Cirtur
I'm gonna come to the bar, do some investigating.

Quick Question: The photos I have been given: if I ask a PC about them, do they get to choose whether or not they are of the boy who just got killed?

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
I've altered your latest post, Cirtur, as per this guy. This is how your post originally read:
Cirtur wrote:Julian decides that most of what goes on in this mistake of a town, winds up being talked about in the Queen of Spades. He would take the tram there, were it not out of action. It doesn't matter. Julian can travel a lot faster than normal folk on "foot".

He turns the corner and is somewhat repulsed by the scene. Pitted ground, blood and shouting. It takes a moment, but his legs stay still. Julian enters the place, much as he would like to give up already and go home. He moves up to the bartender. Orders a White Russian, is rejected, orders a beer.

Julian takes his beer and sits at a table. He waits for something, and gets what he needed. An overly flamboyant man comes from behind the curtain and over to the bar before changing his mind, turning around and heading for Julian. Julian shows him one of the photographs of the boy and hears a slight gasp.

"Who and where?"
We'll assume that your opening scene took place a little while ago, so you're arriving when all of those last actions were going on. And I will wait a little bit before writing your next piece, so you can change/tamper with/add to the revised version. Nobody go outside, either, 'kay? There's cops in the way who will want to interact with you.
By the way, the club is a good 20 miles out of town. You sure you want to "walk" it?

Also: Lethal, you are deliberately not answering the cop just yet, correct?

Also also: Ed, don't feel like you need to wait for me to post again to answer BJW's question.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 pm
by Lethal Interjection
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Also: Lethal, you are deliberately not answering the cop just yet, correct?


No, apparently I missed that post. Or something.
Anyways, I edited my post to make a response to the detective.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm
by Cirtur
I am changing my action. I don't feel like going to the club right now. Instead I am going to the police station.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:49 pm
by Oldrac the Chitinous
That's cool. Will you write it up, or should I? (There won't be any surprises this time.)

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm
by Cirtur
I'll write it up soon.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:17 am
by LordRetard
Ed seems to anticipate that (for some crazy reason) I'm going to try to steal his car, and he intends to loose the dog on me. For John's own safety, he sizes up the dog. What do I see?

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:36 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
I guess I'm answering that one. In the other thread.

Ed's description to me was that Dog looks like this Dog.
So it does, more or less, only with more dog-like proportions, period-appropriate junk, and no flappy things on his head.

Re: RPG: Take 3 (Discussion Thread)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:48 am
by LordRetard
Do I know how big it is? We're talking, like, conceivably, I'm gonna fight the dog.

EDIT: Oh, you posted in the other thread. Ignore that.