Oldrac's RPG: Official Actions

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Oldrac's RPG: Official Actions

Post by Lethal Interjection »

William turns away from the body and says to John, "All could see of the car was that it was a Model A phaeton, black." He wipes the blood from his hand on the sleeve of the lifeless man.
"I think I need another drink."

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Marcie, the envelopes safely hidden within the liner of her fedora, remains calm. The casual observer, if they noticed her at all, would say she hadn't moved. She focused again on the staircase leading to the entrance, where any further excitement was sure to come. A young woman she recognized from the bar, looking shaky, descended the stairs. For the first time since arriving that night, Marcie took the time to admire the attractive girl, and wonder what she was doing alone in a place like this.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Jimmy feels somewhat affronted that the woman who exited the kitchen ignored him, but then, he was used to being ignored. He returns to the kitchen to see if there was any more food he could salvage. All that excitement was making him hungry again.
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Mimi, looking at the bartender, nods. "Yes..." she whispers, "Please call the police."

She doesn't want to bother to explain. She isn't sure the bartender will call the police. She might only get herself in trouble by being emphatic. She turns away from the bartender. She doesn't want to risk him taking out his gun, again. She surveys those who are left in the bar. A woman, her age, maybe slightly older, is seated. A man is next to her, looking insistent.

She knows what that is like - pushy men. Men who want just one thing from you. At least, she considers, she could help one person out, tonight. "Miss," she calls, as she approaches, "It's time for our rehearsal, we should get backstage. You can't just stay and flirt with this lovely gent. We have costumes to get into." She hopes that the woman will understand, be grateful for the excuse.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

The woman on the ground looks up at Big John Warren in disbelief, and says nothing.

The bartender steps back to the right end of the bar, and pulls a telephone from the same area under the bar where he kept his gun. He says a few hushed words into the receiver and returns to the left end of the bar; he holds out the phone in his outstretched hands. After another moment, he clears his throat.
"Miss?"

One of the little girls is climbing the spiral staircase to the lobby.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

John is losing his patience. "Ma'am, I need to know where your purse is. You and your son could get hurt with something like that."

littleninja
kissed a girl and she liked it

Post by littleninja »

Marcie is surprised to be addressed by the young woman.... but welcomes the interruption. Between the gap-toothed miscreant yammering in her ear and the the stolen envelopes on her person, she is happy for an excuse to remove herself from the bar.

"Of course, you're right," she speaks in a low voice to Mimi, and excuses herself from the man trying so desperately to make conversation. She happily rises from the chair and, abandoning her drink and the barstud, follows Mimi backstage.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

William passes the young girl on the staircase, and mutters to anyone who can hear him "Why are there so many children in this gin-joint, anyways".
He makes his way over to the bar, puts down a large bill, and asks the bartender for a double of his most expensive scotch, neat.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Mimi starts to move towards backstage then pauses when she hears the deep rumble from the bartender. "Sir?" Mimi questions. The bartender nods, and Mimi, somewhat anxiously, takes hold of the outstretched phone. "Hello?"

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

The nearest hospital is ten minutes away, and Eddie's estimating that the kid only has about fifteen minutes before shock sets in past the recovery point. If the child is gonna survive, he's gotta be on the road as quick as humanly possible. He runs over to Truck, opens the cab door and foists Dog into the passenger seat, pausing only to untether the leash from the door handle. Rushing back, he starts barking out orders.

"Big Man! Help load up this kid in the bed of my truck. Lady! Stay with the boy and hold on tight. If he's gonna live through this day, I'm gonna need you to make sure he doesn't fly out if we hit any nasty bumps. We ain't got time to lose so let's MOVE!"
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

John groans. "I gotta do every goddamn thing around here. Come on, let's go." He gestures for them to come with him but practically pushes them and holds them up, and then lifts them onto the bed.
He turns around, and begins to lope back to the resort entrance, but pauses a moment and looks back at the truck. "You're taking me, too," he says to the driver. "In case anything goes wrong." He looks toward the other two passengers.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Tue May 12, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed some continuity. Added some stuff from a later post.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

The boy's mother appeared to be about to say something, but Eddie cut her off. She winces as John roughly picks up her son, but still doesn't say anything, just hurries ahead of them into the truck. Behind them, a little girl is running at full trot out of the resort lobby, her dress and arms fluttering behind her; As she runs, she yells, "Is someone hurt? Did someone get hurt?"

The voice on the other end of the phone is dry and condescending. "All right, Miss. This is the police. My name's Sergeant Wesley. Now why don'tcha calm down, and tell us what happened there, nice and easy, like?"

The kitchen is dark when Jimmy gets back to it. He turns the light on just in time to see the pan he'd been washing fly past in a downward arc a good six inches in front of him. It's in the hands of a man wearing a cheap brown suit, an even cheaper hat, and a generally unpleasant expression. Jimmy returns with a swipe from his own pan, which doesn't come any closer to its target than the first one.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Mimi takes a deep breath, "Sergeant, sir, I'm not quite sure what happened exactly. Outside the club, there was a man shot down. I'm pretty sure he's dead. And a little boy was hurt, too. Please, can you come?"

She notices the woman is waiting for her, unsure of what to do. She had suggested they go backstage. She motions to her to wait.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

"No," says John to the girl. "But things might go sour, so I suggest that you go back downstairs. Right now." He gives the girl a stern look.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Tue May 12, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the "gets on the truck;" moved second line to previoust post.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

The girl stops running when John speaks, and looks up at him for a moment, eyes wide in confusion. "But then," she asks, pointing at the trail of dark red stains in the dust, "why's there all this blood everywhere?"

On the other end of the line, Sergeant Wesley issues a couple of muffled coughs. "You're calling from the Queen of Spades, right, darling? It'll be probably ten minutes before we can get our boys all the way out there, but we're coming. You just stay on - mm, no. You go find someplace safe and we'll come get you, alright?"

The tough with the pan takes a step forward, and raises the pan over his head, preparing to strike again. He brings it straight down at Jimmy's skull, but it's too heavy to move as fast as he'd like. Jimmy turns to the side, easily dodging the blow, and takes a quick retaliatory swipe at his opponent. His pan passes over the head of the thug, who is now bent over double from his last attack.