Death's Wishes

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Re: Death's Wishes

Post by carbonstealer »

Congratulations! Your TV magically gains the ability to do all these things when a passing wizard grants it intelligence. Not only can you watch all the things on your harddrive, but you have a companion to watch it with. Unfortunately, its newfound intelligence is not satisfied by the small glimpses of the world that your video choices afford it and it creates its own video that implants its consciousness in your brain, trapping you forever as a helpless, powerless observer in your own body

I wish that I was able to feel true, deep feelings of love
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

You're in love! Unfortunately for you, it's with a small potted plant at a local coffee shop. One day someone forgets to water it and it withers. Distraught, you kill yourself.

I wish my laptop would stop overheating.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Your laptop breaks never to boot again. It therefore never overheats again. You get a case of computer rage, screaming and eventually throwing the laptop around in public. Someone in that public is a police officer and thinks you are throwing a bomb. He|she shoots you dead.

I wish my cats could talk.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Your cats speak Urdu. Incessantly.
It makes it very difficult to sleep.

I wish I knew how to drive standard.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Your cats speak Urdu. Incessantly.
It makes it very difficult to sleep.

I wish I knew how to drive standard.
You learn to drive standard, but not well. You find yourself stopped at a light on a hill immediately above a Ferrari driver who has aggressively pulled up behind you. Paralyzed by fear you don't switch to first gear fast enough and roll right over the low-riding ferrari and its driver who happens to be a mobster's son (Irish mob, somewhat ironically). You are hunted down and subsequently fed to the pigs.

I wish I could see any event/events in the future or past at my discretion.
;-)

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Why is an Irish mob ironic?

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Astrogirl wrote:Why is an Irish mob ironic?
An Irish mobster driving an Italian-made car? Let's say that certain Irish members of my family would have kicked his ass for owning one. The Irish mob stays away from Italian stereotypes due to fear of association.
;-)

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

gavin wrote:I wish I could see any event/events in the future or past at my discretion.
You are instantly warped through time to the desired events.
You die when the first event you decide to view is your own death.

I want a refill.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

You get a refill, but the refilling doesn't stop. First your house is flooded (with what I assume is either hot coffee or cold soft drink), then your neighbourhood, country and then the entire planet. The universe is eventually overcome by a surfeit of beverage, forcing all life to re-evolve from scratch to adapt to this turn of events.

I wish I didn't need sleep so I wouldn't feel tired at work all the time.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

You are always bright and awake and never get tired, even at work. A coworker sees your impressively hard work as a threat to their eligibility for promotion and decides to assassinate you. They poison your coffee, which you still drink though you don't need to. Oh the irony.

I wish this minor yet incessant headache would go away.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Your incessant headache ceases.
You devote the rest of your life to the fruitless attempt to understand this paradox, and it destroys your mind.

I wish I had some cookies in the house.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Your house becomes cookies. It holds up pretty well but when you remove a cookie or portion thereof, the whole structure collapses and suffocates you.

I wish my flash drive worked.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Your flash drive is now gainfully employed, but barely so. Working as waitstaff at a local Hooters, it is routinely given poor tips and barely manages to hold on to what small shreds of dignity it has left by volunteering at a soup kitchen on its days off. Eventually the crushing poverty and endless parade of ruined lives takes a final toll and your flash drive commits suicide.

I wish I didn't write any of that.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Edminster wrote:Your flash drive is now gainfully employed, but barely so. Working as waitstaff at a local Hooters, it is routinely given poor tips and barely manages to hold on to what small shreds of dignity it has left by volunteering at a soup kitchen on its days off. Eventually the crushing poverty and endless parade of ruined lives takes a final toll and your flash drive commits suicide.

I wish I didn't write any of that.
This was essentially what I was going to write, before I was overcome with apathy. Awesome that we were on the same wavelength.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

You mean even with the Hooters? Or just some menial job?