[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Re: FAQ

Postby Lethal Interjection » Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Astrogirl » Thu May 19, 2011 3:32 pm

crogression? !
Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Postby Quintushalls » Fri May 20, 2011 2:12 am

Thank you, Edminster, for your hard work and making this dream a reality! :D

I see this as an experiment and I hope you all enjoy this forum! Otherwise, I look forward to your hate-PMs...kind of. :)

I figured the links from the comic pages would help bring new users into the forums and encourage them to comment. Splitting the discussion into topics about each individual comic is a way to keep things organized and relatively on topic. I figured talking about more general stuff about SMBC could be done in the main SMBC forum. I felt keeping all the comic commenting into one thread made things a bit hard to follow, even a little intimidating (I've been a longtime lurker myself), especially when the conversation is 291 pages long. There are obvious drawbacks from using this method of discussion based off of forum behavior given the diversity of things that could be discussed about a single comic. Either the discussion will be more lively or will become rather sparse. I'm hoping that with the large SMBC fan base, that this method will work. Only time will tell. So we will have to wait and see how this works out. If negative feedback is intense and activity is low, then I am sure that everything could be combined into one thread via the former method.

Please give it a shot and hopefully you will like it! :) Thanks again to Edminster and all those who participate in this forum! I look forward to reading your feedback. Cheers!
Quintushalls

Postby Edminster » Fri May 20, 2011 2:43 am

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Quintushalls » Fri May 20, 2011 3:40 am

If all things work out, what do you think of doing the same thing for individual SMBC Theater vids..or are comments better on Youtube?
Quintushalls

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Fri May 20, 2011 5:44 am

We true posters will rise to member statusship tomorrow, and ye for the non-posters shall be duly left behind, as is their fate to be, they will burn in Edminster's fury come october this very year. Amen.
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Postby Astrogirl » Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am

*giggles*
crogression? !
Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Postby Lethal Interjection » Fri May 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Fri May 20, 2011 3:39 pm

I can personally assure you of that, having often started shit between youtubers many a time. Posting something really offensively dumb on the topic of science or religion is like dropping blood into a pool full of sharks, only funnier. The participants aren't as smart, sociable or likely to be simian, either!
GUTCHUCKER

Postby Lethal Interjection » Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Sat May 21, 2011 1:55 am

Sure you hadn't met me before I was on this forum?
GUTCHUCKER

Postby Quintushalls » Wed May 25, 2011 3:52 am

Quintushalls

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 am

I don't get it. I shall blame the police.
FUCK THE POLICE.
GUTCHUCKER

Postby Kaharz » Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 am

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby Felstaff » Wed May 25, 2011 11:57 am

I declare this FAQ section as a rip-roaring success, however.
Felstaff
XKCD spy

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Comic Discussion 3: Revenge of the Son of Latest Comic Discussion 2