[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Postby Marshalmallow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Didn't know where else to put this, so I put it in here. If it belongs somewhere else, please let me know.

Short explaination: I need a scientific looking paper fabricated purely for using in a roleplay. Character is a scientist.

Now, if anyone is familiar with the anime 'Soul Eater', the process of Soul Resonance will be a taken concept. For those who are not familiar with it, there is a brief explanation under this Spoilers don't work as I thought they would. Text will, unfortunately, have to be dumped
This (Taken from the series) explains it extremely well

My character (Professor Hakefield) is ultimately trying to make a normal weapon (Not a human) that can resonate artificially.

What I'm really looking for is to make a small research paper that uses enough proper science to make the pseudo-science seem believable. I hope this is making sense.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilerized. You used the Strikethrough code, silly.
Marshalmallow

Re: Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Postby Salacious Schoolmate » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 am

as for your actual point, I don't know. Scientific-looking, how far away are they looking from? Will they be able to read the words?
Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

Postby Marshalmallow » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:34 am

It will be a recurring object in it, and It's not so much a visual representation that I'm after, more a series of equations and theories to apply and quote.

And thank you, I will see if I can have the topic moved.
Marshalmallow

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am

Mod's got your back, new guy!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Postby Kaharz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 am

I suggest grabbing a bunch of random complex looking equations and slapping in some jargon that you should be able to spew out pretty easy. If your players actually expect a realistic explanation for a completely unrealistic and ludicrous idea, I suggest you get better RPers who can suspend their disbelief.

Just some suggestions.
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby Marshalmallow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am

Didn't catch this when it was moved. Thanks for the move, Oldrac.

yeah I'll probably end up basing most of the equations on broken algebra from memory. It's been 2 years since I've done any serious Maths.
Probably throw in a vague graph on a sine wave or something.

Could use help on the jargon. Whilst my RP buddies will take pretty much anything, I feel like I'm cheating if I can't make something that reads realistically.
Marshalmallow

Postby Kovvy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Bam.
Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Return to Games/Music/Movies/Television