[2019-7-3] Mind

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

squaklefeb

[2019-7-3] Mind

Post by squaklefeb »

Anyone else disappointed that the votey wasn't an image of the nipple hydra?

AlixeTiir

Re: [2019-7-3] Mind

Post by AlixeTiir »

squaklefeb wrote:Anyone else disappointed that the votey wasn't an image of the nipple hydra?
yes.

This should be a game: player 1 injects an image into player 2's mind, player 2 must draw it. If the image matches what player 1 imagined, then player 2 gets a point. If it doesn't, player 1 gets a point. Next round, player 2 injects an image into player 1's mind, player 1 must draw it. And so on until someone comes up with a good way to end the game

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I managed to avoid imagining all of these. Should I be proud, ashamed, or worried?

Svafa

Post by Svafa »

Doesn't particularly work on those of us with aphantasia.

In my own case (which may not hold true for everyone with aphantasia), they're essentially nonsense phrases with no inherent meaning unless I choose to parse them to figure out what they might represent. For example, I understand both nipple and hydra and both have meaning, but they have no relation to one another, so their combination is meaningless until I consider their relation and assign a meaning. Even still, I have aphantasia, so there's no real squick factor or whatever, as I can't visualize the concept.

AnchoviePaste

Post by AnchoviePaste »

Am I the only person this stuff doesn't work on?
Just...don't picture something unless you want to. It's pretty easy.

NeatNit
[Insert Here]

Post by NeatNit »

Svafa wrote:Doesn't particularly work on those of us with aphantasia.

In my own case (which may not hold true for everyone with aphantasia), they're essentially nonsense phrases with no inherent meaning unless I choose to parse them to figure out what they might represent. For example, I understand both nipple and hydra and both have meaning, but they have no relation to one another, so their combination is meaningless until I consider their relation and assign a meaning. Even still, I have aphantasia, so there's no real squick factor or whatever, as I can't visualize the concept.
Goddammit. I first heard of aphantasia earlier this week. The "frequency illusion" is called an illusion, but it's real I tells you!

For convenience (it's missing from the OP): http://smbc-comics.com/comic/mind