The Forum RPG!

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: The Forum RPG!

Post by mountainmage »

You don't think you could deviate, even if it means we'll like/respect you more?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

mountainmage wrote:You don't think you could deviate, even if it means we'll like/respect you more?

The like/respect part...that's optional, right?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Kidd wrote:
mountainmage wrote:You don't think you could deviate, even if it means we'll like/respect you more?

The like/respect part...that's optional, right?
Heh, sure, if you want to play in the kiddy pool, with hardkore.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Well, one of my stipulations of my parole require that I do nothing in or around kiddy pool's, and I'm pretty sure doing it hardkore is worse, so I'll oblige.

Oddly enough, the reason I am on parole relates pretty closely to your sig. Small world, eh?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

gjnair

Post by gjnair »

It seems I'm too late to join the first RPG but can I join the second...
I want to be a hooker with many STDs, which she is naturally immune to (she's only a carrier) and she also is super clingy. A power which makes people do anything to get rid of her.
Plus she is sooo not hot, but she can still convince any person or creature to sleep with her. And the morning after is really awkward then.
So an STD full-immune clingy hooker seductress.
Cool?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I know you're not informed about the in-jokes, mr. hooker, but make sure your character has Flancer and Space-Aids. They will be valuable tools.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

You just had to tell him about Space Aids, didn't you? Donovan can cure flancer (given an appropriate chemotherapy regimen and liberal use of enemas), but S.A.? Nothing doing.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Edminster wrote:You just had to tell him about Space Aids, didn't you? Donovan can cure flancer (given an appropriate chemotherapy regimen and liberal use of enemas), but S.A.? Nothing doing.
well, they do say that unlike its terrestrial cousin, it is incurable.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Actually, I think I could, but I won't. :D You see, I don't require the affection or respect of internet folks to be content. Thanks for the offer, though. ^_^
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

And that's when I stab you in the neck.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

As promised, here is the blank character sheet. It has what are hopefully good instructions in it in comment form (if you're new to excel, just hover over the cells with the red arrows in the corner and a comment will appear... like magic!). Also, I made a sample character for people to look at in case that helps.

I know that there are instructions included in the sheets, but just because I know people will still fuck it up, some highlights are below:
- I will be assigning your starting weapons, armor, and equipment. If you'd like to suggest something, feel free to put it in. I will treat that as a request and do my best to keep it, but I unapologetically retain the right to veto or modify your requests as I see fit
- You choose your occupation, but I will choose the occupation bonuses. Again, you can make suggestions but I might change/remove them.
- BE CREATIVE!!! A fireball spell is freakin' lame. A spell that causes people to soil themselves is less lame. Get it? Good!
- It may take a couple of iterations on each character back and forth before we both agree on everything so try to get back to me as soon as you can so we can start moving forward.

WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR CHARACTER, EMAIL IT TO ME! My email is: twocone AT hotmail DOT com.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Twocone, question: do we determine any of our Vitals?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

dinnsdale wrote:Twocone, question: do we determine any of our Vitals?
you will be rolling for your own hit points/magic points. you get to assign values to your attributes as you see fit. you can make suggestions about equipment you want. Most importantly, you get to make up/invent/choose your own skills and spells which is where the strength of these characters really lies. All I am doing is 1) reserving the right to veto things that i don't like ("I have a sword that automatically kills what it hits" or "my character has the ability to make anybody else kill themselves just by looking at them") and 2) assigning the numerical bonuses to attributes, weapons, armor, and skills to keep the characters balanced. like i said, there will probably be some back and forth before they are finished. Also you are in TwoBuy's quest, so you should probably be talking to him since he'll probably do things a little differently?

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Alrighty. So we roll for our HP/MP boost, but put only the die roll in, since we don't know what class bonus we'll be getting. Also, for the Armor and To Hit Bonuses, we can't fully fill in because we don't know class bonuses, yes? Or do _we_ determine those and you/Twobuy get the final say?

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

ruotwocone wrote:As promised, here is the blank character sheet. It has what are hopefully good instructions in it in comment form (if you're new to excel, just hover over the cells with the red arrows in the corner and a comment will appear... like magic!). Also, I made a sample character for people to look at in case that helps.
Fantastic! I'll have to work on it later because I'm off babysitting my niece for the next couple of days. I know someone was dumb enough to trust me with a human life. I should get around to working on it later tonight, because frankly I'm a terrible babysitter.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop