RPG Dice Server

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

RPG Dice Server

Post by ruotwocone »

Hey monkeys! Eventually you will all have to roll dice. Since I know you are filthy cheating bastards, I found a pretty good dice server for us to use. When you need to make a roll, go to http://www.wargalley.com/die_login.php. Login to the server "SMBC RPG" and use the password "saturday". When you make a roll you should put the following in the comment field:
your name
declared action

An example would be
ruotwocone
rolling for maximum hit points

Then make the throw using the die i have indicated. If you are doing multiple throws (i.e. 2D10) then just copy the comment for each die roll. If you don't put a comment in, the rolls won't count as I'll assume you were just fooling around.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: RPG Dice Server

Post by mountainmage »

That's pretty damn cool, if I do say so myself.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Same rules for the second game bug use the server "SMBC RPG2"
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Forgive me, but I'm not to sure on the particulars of each roll.
I'm allowed to reroll? Which die am I using?
I'd rather be mocked for not knowing then proving I don't know through example.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Whoops, sorry ruo. I didn't see this before I sent you that last email, can I still keep that 7 I rolled for HP? (see email)

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

AHMETxRock wrote:Forgive me, but I'm not to sure on the particulars of each roll.
I'm allowed to reroll? Which die am I using?
I'd rather be mocked for not knowing then proving I don't know through example.
I think the die you use depends on the situation. Like if Ruo sets one of your abilities to be 1d6, then you roll one six-sided die when you use that ability. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to reroll though.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

no, I mean when rolling the stats themselves. For the character sheets. I'll figure everything else out later.

diode_dirigible

you dont ROLL the stats, you make them

twocone has already said you get 75 points to distribute between stats, skills, spells and proficiencies.

so for example you could make every stat 8, that would cost 48 of you 75 points, then you could have just one skill if you wanted, say blathering, and put the rest of your points into that. a level 27 blather is sure to screw someone over at some point

EDIT: in twocone's game HP is 2d6, i think twobuy said d20 for his
Last edited by diode_dirigible on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

No, those are attributes. I'm asking about Vitals.
I'm not going to geek out on armor or equipment on my first draft, seeing as how there is a large amount of veto involved. MY attributes are evenly panned for the most part, so there should be little objection. Items and inventory isn't much to be stressed, and won't be much of a hassle.
Skills, I have an understanding of how to fill out. I see the occupational bonus, dubloons, etc, will be done by R-dog.
Vitals need to be rolled, correct? Enlighten me about that, then I'm ready to send.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

AHMETxRock wrote:No, those are attributes. I'm asking about Vitals.
I'm not going to geek out on armor or equipment on my first draft, seeing as how there is a large amount of veto involved. MY attributes are evenly panned for the most part, so there should be little objection. Items and inventory isn't much to be stressed, and won't be much of a hassle.
Skills, I have an understanding of how to fill out. I see the occupational bonus, dubloons, etc, will be done by R-dog.
Vitals need to be rolled, correct? Enlighten me about that, then I'm ready to send.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by vitals. the only things you roll for are hit points and magic points. many classes use innate abilities rather than magic. if you use magic you roll 2D10 for MP. All characters get 2D6 for HP. Attributes, skills, proficiencies, and spells all come out of your 75 points. You can always just send me your character sheet the way you have it and I'll be able to help.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I can't access the 'Forum Games' section, which is making it damn hard to look at the guidelines for my character and find Ruo's email again. Someone let me in. Please.

Also, during the actual RPG, are we going to change font colour or something to distinguish between in-game posting and random commentary?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

diode_dirigible

Sahan wrote:Also, during the actual RPG, are we going to change font colour or something to distinguish between in-game posting and random commentary?
I call green

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Dunno, If Green_Crayon comes back he might get pissed.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Or using quotes for OOC talks
Wich leaves the rest of the post for game related stuff.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Sahan wrote:I can't access the 'Forum Games' section, which is making it damn hard to look at the guidelines for my character and find Ruo's email again. Someone let me in. Please.
Ditto.++