Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Lethal Interjection » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 pm

dinnsdale wrote:....oy.

In any case, for some people, yes, eating human flesh would be cause for taking one's own life. Maybe I'm forgetting a piece, like the third companion was his son. I dunno. And though you or I might say, "He died so that I might live," others (such as this man) would be so horrified that they'd feel compelled to commit suicide.


If it was a son, then I could understand. That would make things more difficult.
And it isn't really "He died so that I might live" so much as "He died, so I might as well live." Killing him for food would certainly be difficult, but eating him after his death? Not really a problem.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Lethal Interjection wrote:If that is the answer, it is completely ridiculous. Would you really object to eating human flesh if it was the only thing that would keep you from dying? And had you been deceived as such, would it really be worth it to kill yourself to "right the wrong"?

Even if you don't introduce the extra bit about his son being the third companion, it's still a pretty personal matter. There's a big difference between "I just ate some human flesh" and "I just ate some human flesh that hours ago was my beloved wife."
Well, I would assume so, anyway. I've never been in this situation personally.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
User avatar
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: The Perfect Stillness of the Deep

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby ruotwocone » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:48 pm

This reminds me of my quest to figure out what the most awesome thing is to do with my body after i die. Assuming I die young and in some kind of tragic accident, I'm thinking donating my body to cannibals would be sweet. What do you guys think? What would be a sweet thing to do with a corpse?

Also, I intend to have at least 3 or 4 practical jokes go off during my funeral/memorial written into my will for only TwoBuy to see (and carry out). I wouldn't want word to leak and people not be surprised. I suppose that the only other plan i have surrounding my death is that I demanded that my wife mourn for me 10 full minutes for each year we were together before she gets remarried.

What about you guys... anything interesting* going into your wills?

*being buried or cremated and having a nice service does not count as interesting
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Snazz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:00 pm

This is sort of deviating from the whole "puzzles" theme, but I either want a Viking style funeral, with feasting and carousing and a funeral pyre, or my body to be abandoned in the wilderness so that the animal scavengers can have a free meal (The possibility of using this to give animals a taste for human flesh has entered my mind, and the possibility of this leading to an uprising amuses me greatly.).
Image
Eat more fire.
User avatar
Snazz
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 am

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Cirtur » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm

You mean you don't want your death to involve hostages? When I die it's going to be glorious.

I'm on top of a skyscraper, police helicopters coming in. I push the hostages off the side and then I jump off and shout at the top of my lungs,


"Catch me now, mother fuckers!"
User avatar
Cirtur
Licensed Troll Pornographer
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby mountainmage » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:43 am

I'm donating my organs and shit, is that interesting?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
 
Posts: 9608
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby ruotwocone » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:36 am

Cirtur wrote:You mean you don't want your death to involve hostages? When I die it's going to be glorious.
I'm on top of a skyscraper, police helicopters coming in. I push the hostages off the side and then I jump off and shout at the top of my lungs,
"Catch me now, mother fuckers!"

nah, i'm looking for my corpse to be more hilarious. I think going out in a blaze of defiance is overdone. maybe i could be a prop in a Weekend at Bernie's remake.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Lethal Interjection » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 am

So, like, having my head affixed to a jack-in-the-box so that it springs out every few minutes during the service?

Not my plan, but still.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 am

My plan is to be buried in a gigantic mausoleum, at the heart of a devilish labyrinth that defies would-be grave robbers to plunder the treasures within. My body will be placed in one of twelve identical sarcophagi. Ten of the remaining eleven will be filled with spiders and booby-traps and curses. The twelfth will be filled with delicious candy.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
User avatar
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: The Perfect Stillness of the Deep

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Sahan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 am

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:My plan is to be buried in a gigantic mausoleum, at the heart of a devilish labyrinth that defies would-be grave robbers to plunder the treasures within. My body will be placed in one of twelve identical sarcophagi. Ten of the remaining eleven will be filled with spiders and booby-traps and curses. The twelfth will be filled with delicious candy.

Corpse-shaped candy?

I personally kinda liked the idea of being left exposed to the conditions in a giant open walled pit, and let the vultures rip the flesh from my cones. I hear that's what Zoroastrians do, and even though I'll be dead at the time, I'd totally want to do it.
Destructicus wrote:Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?
User avatar
Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."
 
Posts: 4367
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:20 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby diode_dirigible » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 am

Sahan wrote:I personally kinda liked the idea of being left exposed to the conditions in a giant open walled pit, and let the vultures rip the flesh from my cones. I hear that's what Zoroastrians do, and even though I'll be dead at the time, I'd totally want to do it.


I'll rip the flesh from your cones for you *suggestive eyebrows*
Last edited by diode_dirigible on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
diode_dirigible
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Location: Higher than is strictly safe

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby cheez.wiz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:08 pm

diode_dirigible wrote:
Sahan wrote:I personally kinda liked the idea of being left exposed to the conditions in a giant open walled pit, and let the vultures rip the flesh from my cones. I hear that's what Zoroastrians do, and even though I'll be dead at the time, I'd totally want to do it.


I'll rip the flesh from your cones for you *suggestive eyebrows*

Fixed quotes for you.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird
cheez.wiz
Human-based Product
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 am
Location: My cat's name is mitten.

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby diode_dirigible » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Thank ye, I'm rather miffed that I messed that up
User avatar
diode_dirigible
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Location: Higher than is strictly safe

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby Sahan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:54 am

How is it my typos are always carefully extracted and made fun of, when others usually get away with it? I sense selective taregting in this forum.Even though dialogues with AhmetXrocks kinda raised my suspiscions.
Destructicus wrote:Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?
User avatar
Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."
 
Posts: 4367
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:20 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Riddles and puzzles? Anyone up for something?

Postby mountainmage » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Sahan wrote:taregting/suspiscions.

targeting/suspicions
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
 
Posts: 9608
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

PreviousNext

Return to The Forum RPG/Other Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest