RPG1 - Strategy Room

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Re: RPG1 - Strategy Room

Post by wolf »

YAY! Battle AND slaves!

Not going to lie, I'm really slow (Speed is a 3 so that means I can walk at 1.5 but rounded up so at a 2?) So it'll take me awhile to get there (I'll run for the at least the first 3 rounds)
Anyhoo, I think it would be smart for us to split up into at least two groups and flank them. Hmm what do you say?
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

I have 13 speed, so that's 7 movement. I can also hit pretty hard.
I think if a couple of faster characters sneak around the top/north, our slower ones attack from the side.

Anyone have any cool tricks they want to try? because I'm tempted to draw them away with my cat whistle (provided they hear it) then you guys can ambush them or something

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I kinda want to show off my skills here, I have a speed of 14 and a strength of 7. I might use stealth to help sneak past and flank them. I also have 'awful music' which causes random magical effects to everyone, but I don't know if that will work to our advantage.

Does the range value on our bows mean how many squares they can cross on the scout map?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Sahan wrote:I kinda want to show off my skills here, I have a speed of 14 and a strength of 7. I might use stealth to help sneak past and flank them. I also have 'awful music' which causes random magical effects to everyone, but I don't know if that will work to our advantage.

Does the range value on our bows mean how many squares they can cross on the scout map?
I fully support any sort of outside-the-box thinking in terms of skills, etc. also, each square is a meter - so yes, that is how range works in non-melee weapons.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

oooo double post. Snazz... let's give your flamingo a speed of 10.

So here is what I would like - take a little time to discuss, but I want an official action to be posted once you make up your minds. I want to know what your intent is - is somebody going to make contact first, will you sneak attack, charge in swords blazing, etc.? I also want to know where each person is going. are flanks going to be set up and with whom, other positioning-type strategy. If you don't respond, then I will assume that you are going to stay where you are at the red dot a safe distance away until everything is done. Hopefully you can all get this planning done before christmas, but i am realistic so we'll see.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I have 9 speed and 14 strength (and +2 melee), though low hit points. The latter is part of the reason I am hesitant towards melee combat at this stage. Though my melee weapon is a bacon genie, so perhaps the irony of such might cause a much more successful attempt. Some witty retorts could be in order.
I also have a flashlight, with which we could perform morse code mayhem, maybe to supplement the cat whistle in getting their attention.
In regards to my Technomancer skill, I could possibly do something to turn one of their robotic arms against them.
Just some options regarding my contributions.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've posted my strategy (in character) in the official actions thread. Seeing as how Lethal and Snazz are fast, I suggest they be two of the flanking group. I need some slow strong types to run in with me, swords-a-blazing as Ruo put it. My cloud of searing soot should scatter them (if Ruo doesn't have a dastardly trick up his sleeve, which I don't doubt since all DMs are inherently evil control freaks) into the northern rocks and western into my main attack party.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I think I should also be flanking because I have a high speed, and I prefer a ranged attack. I'll let someone else make the decision though. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I want to use my night vision, probably to see if we missed anything or spot a trap. In fact, I will do that now.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

diode_dirigible

so lethal, snazz and sahan, you all willing to flank with me?

I have ok HP and do plenty of damage, so I'm willing to be at the front of any attack, I still like my cat whistle/other noise then ambush idea though

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

I'm totally willing to flank. However, what I meant by "someone's victory, anyway" earlier is that I signed up as an Evil Lawn Gnome. I haven't RP'd that very much, because I don't personally believe in moral spectra, but if the battle turns significantly against us, I feel like my character will be obligated to do a little back-stabbing if he feels he can get away with it. He has high brains and smarts, so his judgement will probably be good. Just a heads-up.

That said, I'll put my creepy-tipped darts to the service of the standard seekers. My garden tools don't do much damage, but I can give people a 25% better chance to hit with my Creepy-Tipped Darts.

Speaking of which, Ruo, does my Garden Toolkit include extra darts or dart-making/creepy-tipping materials?
Eat more fire.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm certainly for it, but I'm pretty much up for anything, wherever I'm needed.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Either we do exactly what you guys wanted, in wich case i could totally go with mage, and cast a couple of "create fear" and let the eggs break themselves in the rocks and stuff...

OR

We could do sensibly the same thing, while maximizing one or two points. If i recall correctly, Ashe is equipped to blow shit up. The flanking guys take their position, Ashe sets up some booming trap on our side of the big southern rock, the non flankers wait at a safe distance on this side, with the detonator. I'm mildly speedy (10), but i got brains and smarts enough to see if/when things go wrong. We could try talking to the eggs, if such a thing is possible, to know exactly what's going on (and potentially to make a deal to get to eat one of their prisonners? please, guys?). For all we know, theses prisonners are serial killers. Anyways. I get my ass in there, try to chat up the eggs peacefully, and if it goes sour, i make a quick escape to the south, you detonate the stuff on them breakable things. Explosion means flankers move toward the camp/us and they get to engage the surviving eggs while the other groups advances on the same target, and we do an omelet with their remains (and then i get to eat a guy, right? right?).

Any way is fine, i guess.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

diode_dirigible

that

is a fine plan

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Agreed. We'll go with cheezy. Also, I am flanking with you diode.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well as long as you're walking into the lion's den alone to talk to them, I have no issues with that plan. Also, can Ash blow up anything? I thought she was an opener, meaning she could only blow up obstructions or something. The description she gave us is too vague. Please clarify, someone.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away