The Thursday Next series

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

The Thursday Next series

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Has anyone read any of this series by Jasper Fforde? My roomate just handed me a copy of The Eyre Affair and explained to me the premise. Essentially the books are about a detective who has to solve crimes that have occured in fiction. That is, there is an ability to cross over into fiction by said detective (and others in the same "universe"). Apparently it is very funny. The other books are Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots, Something Rotten, and The First Among Sequels.
I was just wondering if anyone here had read any of the series.
I'm going to start reading it right after I finish me second time through Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman.

Aeque

Re: The Thursday Next series

Post by Aeque »

They're great books, have you started reading it yet?

The spinoff Nursery Crime books are good, too. The Big Over Easy has Detective Jack Spratt trying to solve the death of local personality Humpty Dumpty. Did he fall, or was he pushed?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I own the first two Nursery Crime books, but I don't think the third one is out yet. When it comes out I'll be sure to snag it.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I did read Eyre Affair. It had its moments, but I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. Between my former roomate and his girlfriend, I think they have the rest of them as well, so I could probably borrow them, but haven't bothered yet.