Galapagos with Trebek?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

CasualFriday

Galapagos with Trebek?

Post by CasualFriday »

Jeopardy is sponsoring a contest where 25 people can win a trip to the Galapagos Islands. WITH ALEX FUCKING TREBEK.

http://www.jeopardy.com/mini_sites/galapagos/

Am I the only one who thinks this would be AWESOME? ? I've been a big Trebek fan since I was old enough to watch and comprehend Jeopardy. Going to Galapagos would be really cool, what with Darwin doing a lot of research there and the like.
Isn't this where we came in?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Galapagos with Trebek?

Post by smiley_cow »

Is Trebek currently with or without the moustache? I've decided that I am only a Trebek fan when he has a moustache.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

Without, I believe. He could probably grow it in 5 minutes, though.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

He's been without a mustache for so long, it's hard to remember him with one.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Yeah, I'm starting to think that their trial seperation might actually end in divorce. So sad. I hope the children will be alright.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah cool, this guy sounds like a little before my time, I've heard of but never seen this show before. I do however, dislike the idea of Galapagos Islands being used as a holiday destination for conservationist reasons. In fact I think it was National Geographic article that published the dangers the Galapagos Islands faced because of tourism, and they are sponsoring this event. Damn your hypocrisy, NG!
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

I just envision getting shitfaced with Trebek and then riding a giant turtle around the island.

Fucking awesome.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Sahan wrote:Yeah cool, this guy sounds like a little before my time, I've heard of but never seen this show before.
Not before your time, all the way through your time. He's been hosting Jeopardy for 25 years or so.
Probably just not as prevalent on your continent.
Also, I went to his wiki to see how long he actually had been involved and I came upon this little fact:
wikipedia wrote:In late 2001, during Jeopardy!'s 18th season, Trebek shaved the mustache that he had worn for over 30 years. He wore a fake mustache for the first half of the April 1, 2008 episode as an April Fools' joke
Funny stuff, and rather appropriate today.

CasualFriday

Post by CasualFriday »

I just put in my entry for tonight. Oh Alex, your sweet, smooth, upper lip will soon be mine.

Also, I'd like to take this time to mention that I'm soooooooooooooo good at Jeopardy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

So am I except when they ask about religion, sports, opera, etc. etc.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Really, the only topic I'm good with is Potent Potables.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I'm disappointed that this contest isn't open to Canadian citizens. Stupid traitor Trebek.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

The only trivia I know is about literature by Franz Kafka. I got both questions we had about him when I was on the high school trivia team (the answer to both was "Franz Kafka").

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

LordRetard wrote:The only trivia I know is about literature by Franz Kafka. I got both questions we had about him when I was on the high school trivia team (the answer to both was "Franz Kafka").
I love it when they have a Kafka question. Especially if I'm watching with others. Because so many others have no idea about him at all.
I'm reasonably good at Jeopardy. Hardly good enough to contend, but enough that I enjoy watching and probably getting about 10-25% right.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Oh, I may as well mention... One of the biggest reasons why I hate (not hate so much as prefer not to watch) Jeopardy is that I usually watch it with my family. All of them are GOOD at Jeopardy, they're all extremely well read (they all read faster than I) and they know all sorts of things about history and random bits of trivia. I only read surrealist (perhaps "surreal" is a better word) literature and I only know a handful of extremely random things that I picked up from somewhere like Wikipedia, I guess. It's a tad humiliating.