EXTREME FOOD.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

EXTREME FOOD.

Post by LordRetard »

At first I could not believe that we don't have a forum for food, but suddenly I'm thinking that that might make a lot of sense, seeing as we have barely discussed it before. I have a preoccupation with food.

Anyway, I was thinking lately, "damn, I have no idea where to find Blair's chips in Toronto." Naturally youse guys will have no idea where I can buy them. But, is anyone else a fan? They're those really spicy chips that come in bags with threatening language on the cover. I'm a glutton but I can only really finish a small bowl of them before it gets too spicy for me (I'm good with spicy food for whitey, but whitey basically don't compare to humanity's taste for spicy food).

Also ITT I guess you can just talk about your feelings on spicy food in general. Spicy food is just more delicious than regular food, in general.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: EXTREME FOOD.

Post by AHMETxRock »

Looks like someone COMPLETELY missed the food discussion thread.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:Looks like someone COMPLETELY missed the food discussion thread.
Shush, new topics are good things.
LordRetard wrote:Anyway, I was thinking lately, "damn, I have no idea where to find Blair's chips in Toronto." Naturally youse guys will have no idea where I can buy them.
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/480188

I'm not a fan of food that is spicy for the sake of spice, but I'm good with basically any regular dish from Mexico.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Yeah I was reading that, there's just nothing for certain. I was actually at a Rabba Foods on Thursday but I wasn't paying any attention and I didn't buy anything. At least it's close to school. 7-11s are everywhere, just no where near my path and I've never seen any Blair's there.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Rabbas are everywhere. They've only existed for a few years, and they are cropping up everywhere.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I've never heard of Blair's chips before, but I do like spicy food. Especially spicy Indian food.

I didn't used to get spicy food, and then my hometown got an Indian restaurant and I was forced to eat it. They've recently got a new chef, and the food isn't nearly as spicy as it used to be and I'm surprised how much I miss it.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

ChooChooTrain
Ludicrous Rationale

Post by ChooChooTrain »

I eat a lot of very spicy food. It is my favorite. When most people complain about the heat, I add more hot sauce. I like my food to hurt.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

ChooChooTrain wrote:I like it to hurt.
Fix'd.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

LordRetard wrote:
ChooChooTrain wrote:I like it to hurt.
Fix'd.
You know, they have clubs for that sort of thing. Just sayin'.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

This site makes me hungry.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I've lost my appetite for things that could possibly kill me with one bite, though I'm all for epic-sized portions of 'acceptable' food types, if its better value for money. I guess I'm lucky I'm not in The Land of the Supersize, or I'll only be able to roll from place to place.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss Laneth, now once again there's no-one on during my regular posting time, I feel like the acne-covered teenage boy forced to work the night shift down at the video store.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Oh yeah, I've been there. Since I got a job I've been unable to eat anything that doesn't come in bulk value. Still, wouldn't rolling be really damn cool? Like a Katamari or something. And then things would get stuck in my gut and I'd just grow more and more until I consumed the entire Earth... Wicked.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I like habanero chips, but I've never heard of Blair's. Now I want to try them.

One time me and my friend split a bag and saw who could go the longest without a drink of water. I won.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'd try them.
I love spicy food. (I'll re-mention a few things I think I've posted elsewhere on the board.)
Now, in respect to other cultures, I'm not sure. Mostly because I'm white. I've attempted to order the spiciest curry on the menu and had the owner/server (of a small, quite authentic restaurant) turn me down. He let me have the second hottest. Which was hot, but no where near my threshold.
I pretty much only order suicide wings when I have them. Most of my friends think I'm crazy.
But, again, most of my friends are white. And Dutch. And the Dutch have a tendency towards utterly bland food.
I once tried the Exorcist wings at one of the pubs I go to. They have a prize if you can finish. It was a struggle, I'll tell you. It was a pound, about 8 wings. The first two were fine. 3-5 were murder, and I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. Luckily 6-8 were fine, too (by that point I'd actually eaten the sauciest ones, which is where the spice was). It was punishment, and I don't think I'd do it again, unless I was told the prize ahead of time, and I wanted it. The first time I was not told. Luckily, it was a Kilkenney pint glass and leather coaster. Which was totally worth it, because I have a collection of pub-ware, and didn't yet have a Kilkenney glass.
But I've had a guy kill a chili with spice, and I could only manage a small bowl (I could've managed more, but sweating that much through half a bowl of chili isn't all that pleasant, even though I enjoyed it).
Anyways, I love me some spicy food. And, luckily, I don't have the adverse effects that come after spicy food. I don't think I've ever gotten the proverbial ring of fire from spicy food.

rustypup
Indignant Newshound

Post by rustypup »

I'll just leave this here then...
Bunny Chow - when life has lost its edge, try mystery-meat-in-a-bun drowning in molten lava :twisted:

While I enjoy the odd curry, I prefer food with flavour over the nuclear meltdown school of cuisine.

When I saw the topic title, I thought it would be "extreme" as in "I can't believe I just ate that!", (which covers most of my trips to China), or comparisons in "local delicacies".
Half dachsund, half sneaky neighbour's dog - all nose.