I'm Out

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Re: I'm Out

Post by cheez.wiz »

It's a monolog untill someone else talks, just so you know.

But i'll gladly lend you my hand.

"Say, Ahmet, if what you say is true, how can i make my life a worthwhile one?
Is there anything that gives meaning to my life? And what about the lions, do they have a meaning?"
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

THIS POST NEVER HAPPENED.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

LR rant:
"Anyone who tells people to follow or not follow a religion is a dumb fuck. Maybe I have a better handle on what I need than you do. Any argument for or against the existence of God is ridiculous, so I won't listen. Some people are happier with religion and some are worse off. I believe what I want to believe."

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Ahmet Rant:

Women unfit to be equal to male god, the "stupid bitches"don't demand it. "Antipode sexes of male and female assures that no individual, or God as One, can reign on Earth as a fake One, not even Earth is One. Antipodes will not allow a God One on Earth - where opposites equal zero existence. + 3 Billion (0) -3 Billion = zero Value. Evil One voids antipodes = doomsday. Taught One Evil, you're wiser ignorant. Human cyclopic unfit to see antipodes. No alien will visit evil ONEness Earth. Earth is like a prison ship for Evil Ones.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Did you steal that from the Time Cube? Because it's Evil and False.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Yes, it is from Time Cube. Isn't that where Ahmet gets all of his long posts?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

You almost convinced me with that one... Unless you're actually serious.

-2 * -2 = +2 IS EVIL AND WRONG. THE WORLD IS DIVIDED INTO TWO HEMISPHERES NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE. YOU ARE TOO STUPID AND IGNORANT FOR YOUR MIND TO COMPREHEND THE CUBE.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

This kind of threads is why this forum is so often made of win.

Edited to precise a bit?
Last edited by cheez.wiz on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

We are made of >9000% more win than 4chan.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

LordRetard wrote:LR rant:
"Anyone who tells people to follow or not follow a religion is a dumb fuck. Maybe I have a better handle on what I need than you do. Any argument for or against the existence of God is ridiculous, so I won't listen. Some people are happier with religion and some are worse off. I believe what I want to believe."
I'm not sure if that is meant to be funny or not.
Because, while you are pimping atheism, by using words like "ridiculous" you are doing exactly what you find to be negative about religion. You might not be telling people what to believe, but you are suggesting that they are wrong, and you are right.
This is why relativism is crap. Because no one is actually relativistic. Everyone has their beliefs. And everyone tries to convince others that theirs is right.
I could go on a much longer tyrade about this. And not because I'm a Christian. I'm not at all evangelistic. Or at least, I don't find it appropriate to suggest my religion to anyone I don't actually have some sort of decent relationship with (which does not include even co-workers, as I do not associate with them outside of work).

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I agree, I think if someone were to come up to me and say they were interested in Christianity I would gladly give them some reading material and tell them a bit about the religion. But at no time is it appropriate for me to walk to someone and start telling them why it is they need to stop believing what they believe and start believing what I believe. Religion, or personal belief system whatever it may be is a personal decision and you have to respect whatever that decision is, even if you don't agree, because when it comes down to it, nobody really knows what's true or not.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Lethal, I'm Christian. I'm more annoyed with people who tell me "blah blah blah atheism is the only true way God doesn't exist Occam's Razor eh wot", at least missionaries are mildly entertaining and usually have similar beliefs to me. So while I know what you're talking about, in no way am I considering atheists or theists wrong, because I don't really care what other people believe. I just don't like to listen to them.

EDIT: What I really don't understand is, aren't you agreeing with me? I don't think either of us really want to espouce the benefits of being a Christian, or have to listen to it from someone else.

EDIT 2: I guess I give off a bit of an atheist vibe because of some of my stranger (and I guess seemingly contradictory) beliefs but I'm not, really.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

LordRetard wrote:Lethal, I'm Christian. I'm more annoyed with people who tell me "blah blah blah atheism is the only true way God doesn't exist Occam's Razor eh wot", at least missionaries are mildly entertaining and usually have similar beliefs to me. So while I know what you're talking about, in no way am I considering atheists or theists wrong, because I don't really care what other people believe. I just don't like to listen to them.
I've personally never met an atheist that do what you described. I mean when was the last time you had an atheist knock on your door and ask, "Have you stopped believing in god yet?" And that is the exact reason why I hate missionaries, like I said I've never met an atheist that shoves atheism down people's throats like missionaries do with their religion. I am not referring to conversations about religion between friends, I actually like having a civilized conversation about religion with people where everyone is free to express their views.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Our family was once invited to a dinner party by our then real estate manager along with several others who had done business with him. It become quite evident that the whole purpose of the party was to convert everyone in the room to Christianity. My parents were dogged constantly to renounce their Buddhist beliefs, but had no success, my mother is incredibly firm in her stance. If you thought door-knocking missionaries were bad, this was horrible.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I've only met nice missionaries. It was a day during winter where it rained really hard when it was warm, then instantly froze up. I had to out there with this big metal thing to crack it, then a metal shovel to move it. It was cold, but when I work I get all warm and I took my coat off. The missionaries saw me and offered to help, rather than offer to save my soul. I informed them that I was in fact actually quite fine, and that the task was more tedious than arduous. They gave me a card and went on their way.

But I guess god-fearing people just get along like that.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.