Piercings and Tattoos!!! Post pics if you got 'em.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

drakken22

Piercings and Tattoos!!! Post pics if you got 'em.

Post by drakken22 »

Currently I have two piercings: My left ear (right to you), and left eyebrow.
Im currently saving up to get my right ear pierced and then gauged up a bit, then im thinking of getting my tounge.

Pictures!

Just after i got it done.
Walking around Weis looking for antiseptic.
Later that night...

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: Piercings and Tattoos!!! Post pics if you got 'em.

Post by LordRetard »

I never bothered with piercings or tattoos. Nothing against them, I just didn't see the appeal of having them myself. Also I'm squeamish.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

LordRetard wrote:I never bothered with piercings or tattoos. Nothing against them, I just didn't see the appeal of having them myself. Also I'm squeamish.
Same. Actually that's not entirely true, I got my ears pierced when I was six. But I'm allergic to most medals so as it stands I may bother to put in earing once every two years or so, you know for formal events and the such. Either way, not worth a pic.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

drakken22

Post by drakken22 »

LordRetard wrote:I never bothered with piercings or tattoos. Nothing against them, I just didn't see the appeal of having them myself. Also I'm squeamish.
It's a personal thing. I quite like my eyebrow ring, and have taken good care of it for that very reason.
Dont have any tattoos yet. Its not that Im scared, I jus dont know what I want, or where I want it.

Also, not to try and pressure you into getting anything done, but trust me when I say that my eyebrow did not hurt one bit.
It hurt more to sleep on it then anything, and now its all healed up.
Hell, my EAR hurt more then my eyebrow. (then again, i was 10 and got it done at wal-mart with a piercing gun.
PROTIP: Avoid piercing guns at all costs. )
smiley_cow wrote:Same. Actually that's not entirely true, I got my ears pierced when I was six. But I'm allergic to most medals so as it stands I may bother to put in earing once every two years or so, you know for formal events and the such. Either way, not worth a pic.
Even Surgical Stainless Steel?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Don't get your tongue done. I haven't heard anything good about it.* A friend had one and after a few years of having it, it took her a few more years of not having it to correct the slight speech impediment it gave her. If you do decide to, however, make sure you get one that is either plastic, or has a plastic cap. Same girl had serious wear on the tooth enamel on the in-side of her teeth.

Personally I've considered both the eyebrow, and a hoop on the middle of my lower lip. I've had a few people agree that it'd look good, but I'm not longer at a place where I'd consider it (the only way I'd consider it again is if I was secure in a career job where it would be acceptable). Tattoos I have considered. I have yet to find one/decide on one that I like. It may come some time.

*Okay, that's not exactly true.

drakken22

Post by drakken22 »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Don't get your tongue done. I haven't heard anything good about it.* A friend had one and after a few years of having it, it took her a few more years of not having it to correct the slight speech impediment it gave her. If you do decide to, however, make sure you get one that is either plastic, or has a plastic cap. Same girl had serious wear on the tooth enamel on the in-side of her teeth.

Personally I've considered both the eyebrow, and a hoop on the middle of my lower lip. I've had a few people agree that it'd look good, but I'm not longer at a place where I'd consider it (the only way I'd consider it again is if I was secure in a career job where it would be acceptable). Tattoos I have considered. I have yet to find one/decide on one that I like. It may come some time.

*Okay, that's not exactly true.
I think I might get my tounge done* anyways, and yes i was aware of the effects the metal can have on your enamel, however the speech impediment is new to me.
Lol, dude, if you want to find a place that's cool with it, become a chef or something. My boss didnt yell at me for having it; hell, she wanted to touch it and take pictures lol.
take your time with tats. they're hard to get because you want something that not only means something, but looks awesome at the same time. that takes some work man.

*for obvious reasons, of course.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

drakken22 wrote: Its not that Im scared,
For me it's completely fear based. I have a very strong fear of needles or any long, sharp point that is meant to pierce my skin.
smiley_cow wrote:Same. Actually that's not entirely true, I got my ears pierced when I was six. But I'm allergic to most medals so as it stands I may bother to put in earing once every two years or so, you know for formal events and the such. Either way, not worth a pic.
Some medals are fine. Stainless steel, real gold and real silver never give me any problems, it's the cheap ones that gave me a pretty much permanent infection from six to twelve when my mom finally let me stop wearing them regularly. Thinking back, I can't for the life of me think of why I wouldn't have just stopped wearing earings made with cheap medals. It's one of those things you never question when you're young, but when you're older you look back and go, 'wait.'

[edited for typos. This is probably a sign I should go to bed]
Last edited by smiley_cow on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

drakken22

Post by drakken22 »

smiley_cow wrote:
drakken22 wrote: Its not that Im scared,
For me it's completely fear based. I have a very strong fear of needles or any long, sharp point that is meant to pierce my skin.
Some medals are fine. Stainless steal, real gold and real silver never give me any problems, it's the cheap ones that gave me a pretty much permanent infection from six to twelve when my mom finally let me stop wearing them regularly. Thinking back, I can't for the life of me think of why I wouldn't have just stopped wearing earings made with cheap medals. It's one of those things you never question when you're young, but when you're older you look back and go, 'wait.'
yyyyyeah, 6 years of cheap jewelry would make me not want to wear any piercings either. stainless steel would be your best bet.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

I had my eyebrow pierced, but took it out. It was my first and only piercing.

My girl has some tats. They're hot.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I had an idea for a joke but it wasn't all that nice. I shall refrain.
Anyways, I've got a ton of temporary pokemon tattoos made years ago. They still work. I remember putting two gyarados on the toes of my converse. I was straight trippin at the time.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I don't got 'em, and I don't want 'em. I don't have a reason either (Not afraid of large needles or minor pain, and I'm not religious).
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Then you're just a prude. At least I have my restrictions.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I think you have your definitions mixed up.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I am considering getting a tattoo that says "Memento Mori" on my forearm if only because I like the idea of having such a reminder on myself.
I'll start investigating prices later this spring, and will have it done during summer or something, to avoid having to deal with long sleeves while it's not fully healed.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

smiley_cow wrote:I'm allergic to most medals
good to know. i was gonna give you the Ruo Medal of Valor and Also Some Other Stuff, but i guess i should just give it to someone else now that i know you're allergic.