Oldrac's RPG: Official Actions

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: Oldrac's RPG: Official Actions

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

When the seven-foot-tall John Warren gets noisily to his feet, Lou (and much of the rest of the club) takes a moment to stare. Lou says in a low voice, "Play it slow, kiddo. This might get dicey," and slides his hands into the pockets of his jacket. If he's seen Jimmy with his pan, he's not letting on.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Mimi glances up, annoyed by the commotion of the large man. So ungraceful, she thinks, dismissively. Most men just lack the knowledge on how to move. She returns to her drink and her thoughts, continuing to largely ignore the other bar patrons. Most of them will probably have left by the time her show starts, anyhow. They are not important.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Clearly no one bothered to tell him I'd be here, thinks John. But I still have a job to do. I'd better play it careful and look inconspicuous. He continues to tromp forward, ready to charge if the vagrant tries anything.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Call it spider-like intuition, call it cat-like hearing, call it psychic-like sixth sense, but Jimmy realizes that there is someone approaching behind him with, at best, unfavorable intentions. He decides to throw the man off by, instead of continuing after the derringer, approaching his employer, the bartender.

"Hey boss, you want I should break some eggs and make an omelette with this 'ere pan?"

....what Jimmy failed to take into account was the nature of certain phrases, and how they sound to the mob-trained ear.
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Eddie sits as calm as you please, getting ready to run get Dog if the big Gunsel decides to not take the advice of Soldier-boy. It's not his fight yet, but it's best to have an escape route if people pull out their Irons. O' course, it'd be a cryin' shame to see that dollface a couple seats over get fitted for a Chicago overcoat if things turn sour.

"Psst! Lady!", whispers Eddie. "You wanna get some fresh air?"
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

This man has got some balls. John goes over to the vagrant and says, with a patronising smile, "sir, please get back in the kitchen. It's dangerous outside. Do you understand?"

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Jimmy stiffens up; the guy was supposed to just pass on by! He turned to look up... up.... waaay up into the guy's face. He looked like he was in pain or something.

"Dangerous? Yeah, you bet! You seen that thingamabob next to that truck? I ain't goin' near that thing! But I do need some fresh air every once in a while, and I don't go nowhere without my pan! It's valuable! They just don't make 'em like they used to."

He affectionately pats his pan. Paint flakes off it's underside. Uh-oh... How am I gonna get to that derringer now?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

John drops his smile. "You can wait for fresh air, sir. In the meantime, I insist that you go back into the kitchen." He gives the vagrant a gentle push on the shoulder.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

"Fresh air?" Mimi surveys the man a few seats down. He's thin, but, he has a good face. And, he speaks well. It was a good line. Someone, one day, when she's a star, will say that to her in a movie. She'd respond, of course, with something witty. Their eyes would meet...and, then, maybe, a duet would begin.

Oh, but, now. Fresh air. "Fresh air would be lovely...You don't happen to have a cigarette, though, do you? It always helps calm my nerves." Mimi stands up, clutches her purse, and moves toward the gentleman, "I'm Mimi, by the way. I will be performing here tonight." Lowering her eyes to a half-slit, and yet still looking upward, with an expectant smile, Mimi softens her voice and drops it in an octave, "I hope you stay to watch me."

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Jimmy starts panicking a little. He looks around for something, anything, to help him not lose his quarry.

"Hey buddy, what's that you say about some fresh air? Lady, I got a cig for ya, if you'd like. Whaddaya say, big guy? We'll all head outside, breathe some o' that nice open air, take a few drags on some cigarettes. Eh?"

He's trying his best to sound calm and genial. It's almost convincing. Jimmy's hoping the big fella isn't bright enough to notice.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

William watches the man and boy exit the bar, and waits a few seconds before stepping into the open air. He watches the two out of the corner of his eye, while fishing another Pall Mall out of his cigarette case.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Mimi wrote:Fresh air would be lovely...You don't happen to have a cigarette, though, do you? It always helps calm my nerves
Waterproof face with the pipes to match. And she's got sense enough to not drink much ethanol. No wonder these women were given the right to vote! Shame about the cigaret habit, though. Smoke's what is supposed to come out of a machine, after all. Ah well, if she was perfect she wouldn't be in a place like this anyway.
"Sorry, Miz Mimi, I don't smoke. I don't have plans this evening either, so it would be my pleasure to watch you perform."
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

"No cigarettes, hunh? That is a shame. But a moment outside still wouldn't be bad. What's your name, sir, anyhow? I do like to get properly acquainted with gentleman before I go somewheres with them. Not that I often go places with gentlemen, of course..." Mimi moves toward the stairs that lead up and outside. "You're staying for the performance, though? That is fabulous. I'm a real canary. I don't get to sing much tonight, but you'll see some swell dancing."

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

John laughs. "Would you like to step outside with me? Fine then, this'll be quick. Let's go, big man." He puts his hand on the vagrant's back and hustles him upstairs.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Yorba makes his way cautiously across the lot to a black phaeton, and boy follows silently a few steps behind him, staring at the dirt. He's about twenty feet from the car when a figure pops up from behind the driver's seat. There are two flashes and two reports to go with them, and then the car pulls onto the highway and vanishes as Yorba slumps to the ground. The boy stands motionless for a moment longer, then turns around and runs in the direction he came from, screaming and covered in blood.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.