Embarrassing and awkward moments

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Untrustable

Embarrassing and awkward moments

Post by Untrustable »

So alright, lets all talk about our embarrassing and awkward moments; the moments that make you wish you were invisible, or wish you were dead, or wish you just weren't in that situation. So throw it out there, and i'll start you off.

I was working at an auto parts store about a year ago, and this older man came in and bought an engine. Now, I was working on commission, and a motor would put my commission check through the roof. So i politely helped him and was getting his information when this exchange happened.

Me: Alright, that'll about do it, i just need your phone number one more time, I'm really bad with phone numbers.

Him: I'm not, I still remember my first wives phone number

Me: So do I.

Him: WHAT!?

Me: ummmm...shit.

Him: I'm going to another sales associate who is less rude.

Me: dammit.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Embarrassing and awkward moments

Post by mountainmage »

I had the hiccups during a standardized test. That was awkward. Everyone was staring and laughing at me.

Also, more recently, some guy was bothering me for donations for some yoga thing, I don't know. The guy just wouldn't leave me alone, and I'm terrible at saying no to people. Eventually I convinced him that I had no money, which was true, and awkwardly walked away.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

I can't remember anything directly off the top of my head, but I will relate this story of mine to you guys about my friend because we were making fun of it earlier in the evening.

My friend Andy (the keyboardist in Mountain Meadows Massacre) is a REALLY big Nine Inch Nails fan.* A while back whenever NIN was releasing their album "With Teeth", Andy had pre-ordered the special edition. Unfortunately the day that it came out and he could go pick it up he had to work, so he had to wait until after his shift at the local Pizza Hut was over.

Well...Andy got so excited thinking about the release of the album that he literally shit his pants. Yes. He shit his pants. For realz. He freaked out a little bit and got really embarrassed so he quietly informed his manager of his anal explosion and got off of work early. Now the kicker; before going home to change clothes and shower Andy actually stopped by the local music store to pick up the cd, even though he was still wearing his shitty pants.

I know that a lot of hardcore Nine Inch Nails fans get a lot of flak for being complete fucktards, which is true but this is not the case with Andy. His near obsession with the band is actually quite tolerable.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I have a similar story, also about a 3rd party! Some guys in my brother's class (this was elementary school, mind you) were having a farting contest, and one of them shit their pants, which promptly slid down his leg. I feel bad for that kid.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Well I believe Andy was at least 18 at the time this happened.

Lawl.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

That is ridiculous.
The most embarassing thing that ever happened to me was that in the third grade, we had our phys-ed class, and sometimes some of the guys would just wear their gym shorts under their pants. You didn't have to make the time in the change room, and could just get on with the sports. Basically, you could just change right there in the classroom. Unfortunately one of my pairs of shorts had a poor elastic. So, there I am, in the middle of class, pants and shorts around my ankles, just my tighty whiteys.
I did save myself from a few reasonably embarassing, jackass moments in my first year. We had an art teacher, that just seemed like he was still acid tripping from Woodstock, and whatnot. I was kind of making fun of him, but had thusfar refrained from saying anything derogatory (basically at that point, I had just said he was a bit spacy/flaky at times). Thankfully one of the girls in the group mentioned he was her uncle before I had gotten too far.
The other time was once when I was talking about how I was part of planning an event, and was just about to mention how I had to deal with a band that was a bunch of pain-in-the-ass primadonnas, but after simply mentioning my involvement, one person mentioned that they had played at the event. I didn't deal directly with them, so I didn't know them, but I did have to deal with some of the aftermath of some of their "professional" refusals.

I've willingly put myself in very awkward positions before. But I can keep a straight face and don't really care how strangers see me, for the most part. So, thus, I can go into a drug store, pick up a bag of adult diapers, and go to one of the employees and straight-faced ask where the washroom might be. As one of many examples.

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

I had a potential girlfriend over at my house back when I was in college and I was at least still semi-pimpin'.
Gets to the point where I should probably start going for the old facesuckin' routine when a straaaaaange noise from upstairs could be heard.
After about 15 seconds I realised my sister had come home with her new boyfriend and they were humping like there was no tomorrow. Very loudly. Directly above the room I was in.
I'd like to say this story ends in something of a shag-off (a la that sarah marshall film) but, realistically, we were both pretty embarrassed about the whole thing and called it a day.
no u

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

I think the worst has to be when I first met my wife's parents. The night before, we were at the bar and she decided to take me home. We were quite drunk and I don't think we were too quiet in making it upstairs and woke her father. Unfortunately I did not know this as I was well into the process of drilling his daughter for all I was worth. I am not a light guy and whilst going at it with youthful repetitive vigor, I broke her bed, which in turn fell with enough force to crack the ceiling right above where her father was watching TV. The next morning, she took off for work (worked on a farm, early start).... with MY truck. When I woke up, all the nights memories cam back, including hearing the TV downstairs gettin louder and louder, the breaking of the bed, the cry of "Whet the hell?" from downstairs when this happened and the foreboding memory of waking her father. I look out the window and see my car is gone. I also notice that the drop from her window would most likely cause me serious harm were I to try to escape using that route. Besides that her house was about 15Km away from mine and I don't like walking. So I had to bite the bullet and go downstairs and introduce myself to the parents, alone, and ask if they had any coffee.

Extreme awkward moment right there.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I don't know, I think Khazd's is winning so far.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Perhaps my stories of being suspected for terrorism and drug trafficing would be able to counter the akwardness of the situation!
Then again, I'm sure wouldn't be suprised at the notion. But I'm talking real police and stuff. Anyone wish to hear?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

If you tell those stories, I have to tell the one about when I was arrested. THAT was awkward.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Do tell. Both of ye.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Laneth? Is that you?

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

your_face wrote:I had a potential girlfriend over at my house back when I was in college and I was at least still semi-pimpin'.
Gets to the point where I should probably start going for the old facesuckin' routine when a straaaaaange noise from upstairs could be heard.
After about 15 seconds I realised my sister had come home with her new boyfriend and they were humping like there was no tomorrow. Very loudly. Directly above the room I was in.
I'd like to say this story ends in something of a shag-off (a la that sarah marshall film) but, realistically, we were both pretty embarrassed about the whole thing and called it a day.
Man, that sounds like the time I was having sex with this girl upstairs and we were so loud that her brother and his chick didn't get any action...oh....wait a second...ummm...

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

M...Matt? I thought you were in Thailand?
no u