The works of Lovecraft online

We've read at least one, and we'll prove it!
Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Re: The works of Lovecraft online

Post by Rainbow »

Apocalyptus wrote:Well I'm just glad my parents aren't that way. Although whenever us kids were watching a movie with Dad and a sex scene came on he would fast forward it. I don't know why he bothered, because in most cases it just made it appear worse...
Reading this I thought of fast forwarding the fast forward scene in A Clockwork Orange, then I figured no kid would really be allowed to watch that movie at any point at all. Then I figured I saw it when I was ten or eleven and some parents are awesome, and again laughed at the prospect of fast forwarding the fast forwarded sex scene, and then figured if one was watching A Clockwork Orange already they would not be fast forwarding bits and then the universe exploded and Tuesdays are inside my brain and this is so incomprehensible Ahmet could have written it.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Rainbow wrote:fast forward scene in A Clockwork Orange
There is no fast forward scene in A Clockwork Orange. Your parents must have done that manually so you didn't watch it.
Rainbow wrote:some parents are awesome
Myth busted, read above.
Pirate.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Funny. So that was an entire long sex scene with incredibly slowed Beethoven playing? And my parents edited Kyle's movie while I wasn't looking? I'm glad they put some much work into the preservation of my innocence.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Rainbow wrote:So that was an entire long sex scene with incredibly slowed Beethoven playing?
Oh yeah. It was art.
Rainbow wrote:And my parents edited Kyle's movie while I wasn't looking?
The sad truth is, I doubt they did that at all. Mostly because I don't know who Kyle is.
Pirate.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Are you both talking about the same Clockwork Orange movie? Because I sense discrepancies.

p.s. who the hell would let a 9-10 year old watch that?!
King Prawn

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Kimra wrote:who the hell would let a 9-10 year old watch that?!
We already covered that. The answer is: bad parents.

And, no, we didn't watch the same movie. I watched the uncensored version, while Rainbow continued to be a little girl for just a bit longer.
Pirate.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

This is one of those movies I refuse to see. Instead of saying 'not for this reason' and 'not for that reason' I'll just give the reason (it's much shorter this way): I can't handle movies that stuff with my mind. I go into mental breakdown and can't handle reality when I watch a movie like this.* The last one I watched was Leaving LasVegas, and although different movies (in many respects), I could barely talk for a week, and couldn't redirect my brain for at least a month afterwards. There are very few movies on this list, but it exists. Clockwork Orange just happens to be lucky and is very prominent on that list.

*yes I realise I haven't seen it so I can't pass a proper judgement but I work on assumption.
King Prawn

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

GreenCrayon wrote:
Kimra wrote:who the hell would let a 9-10 year old watch that?!
We already covered that. The answer is: bad parents.

And, no, we didn't watch the same movie. I watched the uncensored version, while Rainbow continued to be a little girl for just a bit longer.
Is there really a censored version or are you just doing that "funny" thing you try to do? The one I saw had lots o' naked ladies and the occasional penis. There isn't really a reason you'd censor A Clockwork Orange, anyways. It is still full of rape, beating, and torture. Such an excellent film, though.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Rainbow wrote:Is there really a censored version
Because I strive for accuracy when I'm actually being honest, there's a slightly censored version, but rest assured, if you watched the film you didn't miss out on any mental scarring regardless of which version you caught.
Rainbow wrote:or are you just doing that "funny" thing you try to do?
Hey! Bluster bluster, I was blah blah when you were yadda yadda respect your so-and-so, etc.
Pirate.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

There is a cheap crappy made c list movie that was made based on beyond the wall of sleep. I got it somewhere around here. You all should see it and dont let small childern watch it. It sucks and they will hate you for making them watch it.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Felstaff wrote:Only this time, I might actually read a few of them.
Yeah, you only did get through about 70 pages of the Necronomicon, fool.

I need to read a few more of these. I particularly enjoyed the Rats in the Walls.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I should probably reread some at some point. I think I have all of the regular mythos stuff, some of the early non-mythos works and a bit of the dreamlands stuff. I was never too into the dreamlands stuff though. At the Mountains of Madness seemed to give me nightmares. It didn't scare me or make me anxious while I was reading it, some of it is even kind of ridiculous, but then I'd go to sleep and wake up shaking and covered and sweat. I could never remember the nightmares though.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I am just devastated that the Guillermo Del Toro directed At the Mountains of Madness film never came to pass. I have a feeling it would have been epic.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I didn't know that was off again. Apparently del Toro blames Prometheus for its demise saying that the movies were too similar. I didn't really read the article in depth.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Hmm, well I hope the plot wasn't going to be that similar. Wasn't the biggest fan of Prometheus' plot.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."