Post by Frostbite »

So...much emotion.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by AHMETxRock »

Even bo.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I should go see it. And watch the first two beforehand, because I haven't seen them since they came out.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

davoid

Post by davoid »

Man, I saw the first two back-to-back in 3D with my roommates just this year.

It was...just wonderful.

Haven't seen the third yet, though.
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I went and saw the third the other day, and not only did I shed a single, glorious tear at the end, but I brought my Buzz doll from storage in my home town and have placed him in my bed with me every night, because toys obviously feel pain.

It was really well done. Usually third movies are terrible but this one had a wonderful stand alone storyline, and I feel that it was aimed at the kids who had waited 10 years for it to come out, rather than just at the littlies.I particularly loved the Lotso character, and his pimp cane/pimp truck. He out gangster'd Kingpin well and truly
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I went and saw this movie, first good 3D movie I've seen. BUT I also happened to have a migraine develop about ten minutes into the movie, so I didn't really enjoy it all that much. I will have to put forward more money and try and see it again.

For you American "movies are cheap" it costs $20AU to see a 3D movie right now, plus more if you want to use the 3D glasses. :shock:
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

What, I thought I was ripped off to see it with 3d glasses for $17. Where are you that they charge so much?
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

A place where the dollar is worth less. In the Ghetto.
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

The average over here is about 15 or 16 dollars so carbon isn't getting ripped off too terribly.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

In my far away hometown (which isn't even my hometown, or far away (a mere 2 hour and a half hours). It just happens to be where my parents have settled. In fact I have no idea why that was the term I decided to use, or even why I am explaining it because it is completely irrelevant) its $12 for me to see the movie in 3D so $17 to me does sound very excessive. I walked out feeling it was worth it though...

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

holy shit that's cheap as hell and about what regular movies cost around here.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Regular movies are $10. Pretty much I wait until I visit my parents to cram in all my movie watching, its so much less harsh on my shoestring budget

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

But is the screen size any good? I take my movie watching very seriously, and if it's a tiny screen it's hardly worth it. I may as well just watch it on my tv.
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

In the first two cinemas its pretty good, but the next 3 aren't really worth your time. Its just working out the right time to see them that you aren't relegated to the wasteland cinemas

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Movies here are $9.00, with 3D glasses just under $12.00,* which isn't bad, though they charge an arm or leg for popcorn. But I've heard rumours of rat droppings being found in the popcorn machines, so I'm perfectly happy not getting any.

Less popular but critically acclaimed, foreign and Canadian movies at the Evans are $5.00 and popcorn and a drink is another $2.00. It's probably really cheap because they steal one of the theatres at the university to show movies in on weekends but I'm not about to complain.

You guys are paying an awful lot for movies.

*But I don't like 3D movies, so the extra money doesn't really affect me all that much.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.